Local Guide data wrong

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Guide data wrong

Jim5506
Camera Crew

I live in Lubbock, TX. Our Fox station is channel 34 and it has 3 subchannels: 34-1 is Fox, 34-2 is local news and weatherand 34-3 is ION.

Dish network has the guide data wrong for 34-1.

Dish 34-00 is FOX, but 34-01 guide data is the same as guide data for 34-02 instead of being the same as 34-00.

The programming is correct, just the guide data is wrong, therefore one cannot record anything OTA for channel 34-01 because the guide is showing the programming for 34-2 on that line in the guide.

Tags (3)
9 Replies

Re: Local Guide data wrong

DISH Employee

Hi Jim5506! Thanks for giving us a heads up about this. When it comes to OTA channel guide information, we don't have a way to control what is input because it is being loaded in through the OTA as opposed to your DISH antenna. Basically, what your seeing now is the only information that was able to be received and processed from the OTA broadcast.

Danielle7997
Extra
This has been going on for years. I finally realize theyre never going to fix it. Dish fails to recognize new shows so you cant trust it to record series. It will tag old shows as new and fail to record new shows because its incorrectly tagged as not new. Im fed up with my service. And The OnDemand is the worst I’ve ever seen and I’ve had many other carriers. It’s the most difficult to use it’s confusing and it’s hard to find shows because you can’t search for them it doesn’t work right and then they can’t even bother to list things in alphabetical order I cant believe how bad these “features” are in 2018 end it would be nice to have the on-demand be easy to use since there are so many recording issues because your programming doesn’t work right. I have comcast internet. I think im going to see how much their tv package is. When I had them previously they had the absolute best on-demand I’d ever used. It’s available right away and you can search and all program is an alphabetical order so you can actually find the show you want

DISH Employee

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with the Guide, Danielle7997. The Guide information we receive are from a 3rd party company and the broadcasters. I will be happy to share with our Engineers that you are still experiencing this issue. 

We appreciate any feedback and suggestions that will help us to continue to provide the best experience for you. I will definitely share your feedback about our On Demand feature. If you have any more suggestions on what we could do to provide you a better experience with this feature, please let us know.

Highlighted

Jim5506
Camera Crew

All Dish needs to do is to repoint the data for 34-01 from 34-02 to 34-00. The station says they send the correct data to Rovi, so somewhere between Rovi and Dish somebody has miscoded the channel that data belongs to.

All I'm asking is for someone to find the screwup and fix it.

Tjhis ain't rocket science but it totally prevents any recording  on OTA channel 3401 because Dish has the guide wrong!!

DISH Employee

Jim5506, The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) standard, which governs all over-the-air digital broadcasts, includes a Transport Stream ID (TSID) in each terrestrial broadcast. Every channel that could be scanned into their receiver with an OTA will have a TSID number. DISH inserts the same TSID within both the 2 and 7-9 day EPG file that broadcasts over satellite. Once OTA channels are scanned in, the receiver matches the TSID number from the EPG file it has stored and maps that data to the OTA channel with the corresponding TSID number.

DISH doesn’t broadcast these channels; however, if scanned in as a sub-channel (e.g. channel 06-02) the receiver will be able to provide data for the OTA EPG. Not all sub-channels are accounted for. This would make the EPG file too big, which would result in longer update times every time the EPG downloaded. The only OTA EPG data we can guarantee are the channels carried by DISH.

I can certainly provide feedback about the channels to see what we can do about getting that updated to match those sub-channels. 

Jim5506
Camera Crew

That's exactly my point.  Channel 34-00 is the same as channel 34-01 except that 34-00 is via satellite and 34-01 is OTA, they should have the same guide data but Dish or Rovi or somebody has put the guide data for OTA channel 34-02 on OTA channel 34-01 instead of the guide data from 34-00.

TiVo has the guide data correct for 34-1 and 34-2, TitanTV has the guide data correct for 34-1 and 34-2, as far as I can see ONLY Dish has the Guide data for 34-2 on 34-1 instead of having the guide data for 34-0 on 34-1.

The TSID covers all channels on that frequency, it is the same for 34-1 (Fox34), 34-2 (FoxNN) and for 34-3 (ION). The PID's are different 34-1 PID is 0x0031, for 34-2 it is 0x0041 and for 34-3 it is 0x0035.  The source ID's are 3, 4, and 5 respectively on RF channel 35.

I'm just trying to figure out who needs to be notified that this guide data is incorrect, nobody seems to want to address it.

DISH Employee

I can certainly submit feedback to our Engineering Team about this to see what they can do about this for you. We definitely want to get you the best DISH experience that we can! 

We would like to collect a bit of information to help get this issue addressed. Can you send us a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? To send a message, we have a guide here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

I'm a new dish customer and I have the same problem.  Here in Lansing Michigan channel 53-1 is ABC and the guide is showing it as channel 6 (CBS).  I know that channel 53 ABC is one of the locals provided over the satellite.  There is also a subchannel 53-2 that is "The CW" that would be nice if it had program information too, as I have no CW now that I switched from DirecTV.

You also are missing the guide information for channel 5-3 (Cozi TV).

All of this program information worked fine when I was using DirecTV for the OTA channels.  

wjlundyjr
Extra

Same problem in Michigan.  OTA Guide shows WLAJ 53-01 as WLNS