Local Channels not in HD

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Channels not in HD

Joe M
Extra
Could someone explain why I can't get my local broadcast channels in HD? My zip is 57770 in Pine Ridge South Dakota and I get the local channels from Rapid City, South Dakota in crappy SD format. About 75% of my TV viewing is from the local stations. I wasn't told that the locals were in SD after I signed the 24 month contract. Had I been told before, I would not have signed up for Dish. I feel that I was deceived by Dish. After 4 days I tried to cancel the service but was told it would cost me $480 to get out of the contract. I thought that Dish offered a 30 day satisfaction trial. Boy was I wrong. This does not make sense to me because Direct TV and Goldenwest which is the local cable provider in my area both broadcast them in HD. The guy at the local AT&T store in Pine Ridge South Dakota said he thinks that Dish has some contract issues with the stations in Rapid City and that is why they are in SD not HD.
4 Replies

Re: Local Channels not in HD

hddn
Visual Engineer
Dish does let you see what you'll get here:

https://www.dish.com/local-channels/
Highlighted

Joe M
Extra
Yes I saw that later after the contract was signed. The last place I lived was in Peyton CO and was able to get the locals in HD. I just assumed that all locations would provide the locals in HD since Dish charges to receive the locals. It seems that Dish has a lot of areas that they don't provide HD locals.

DISH Employee
Hello Joe M. I would like to check into this in more detail. May I gte a PM with your account or phone number and 4 digit PIN? I want to check some things on your account and see what we can do for you.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Joe M wrote:
Yes I saw that later after the contract was signed. The last place I lived was in Peyton CO and was able to get the locals in HD. I just assumed that all locations would provide the locals in HD since Dish charges to receive the locals. It seems that Dish has a lot of areas that they don't provide HD locals.

Same with all providers. Just not the same areas. DTV has atleast 3 areas that they do not even provide locals at all.