cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Local Channels in Greenville NC area not coming clear

dp55
Costume Designer

I posted on this issue a while back concerning local channels in the Greenville NC area not coming in clear. I know the issue has to do with storm damage, but just wondering if the link is close to being fixed or are these channels still running on backup sources? I can see programs clear but watching football is poor. Just checking for an update as I'm tired of trying to get channels through OTA or streaming. Any news would be appreciated.

7 Replies

Re: Local Channels in Greenville NC area not coming clear

DISH Employee

DP55, thank you for reaching back out to us about the issue with your local channels not coming in clear. I am sorry to hear you are still having this issue. At this time there is not any updated information as to when this issue will be resolved. I am going to forward the fact that you are still having this issue to our engineering team. 

dp55
Costume Designer

Thank you, the issue isn't with regular programming on locals, that is clear, this happens during live action sports, techs who have been out have advised it is due to storm damage and locals running on backup, however, the issue isn't noticed on directv or other providers, just want to know when it may be working as I want to watch games and not have to use a streaming service or antenna as this doesn't work well where I live. thanks for the reply and any help

DISH Employee

I see! Which local stations have you seen the problem on is it your local FOX, CBS, or NBC?

dp55
Costume Designer

NBC, Fox and CBS, and ABC, (CW too during games if they show it but I don't count them as a network as they are part of my local CBS affiliate) but only during live action sports such as football, regular programming is crystal clear. Tech has been out and checked placement of dish found no obstructions and all signals are well within specs so no problems there. Locals were affected during hurricane and supposedly running on backup according to last tech who came out. I just hate streaming and  OTA isn't the best where I live.

DISH Employee

I totally understand. I'm just going to ensure all the stations affected are included in the engineers' feedback. Since they're aware of the issues already, they'll be able to take this into account as they continue working with the channel broadcasters to see what's going on.

dp55
Costume Designer

That would be great, I hope they can get it corrected before the playoffs and superbowl, I have no desire to watch by antenna or streaming. thank you for the updates and help.

dp55
Costume Designer

Fox is clear on Sunday, was able to watch games and no issues noted, still issues with CBS, NBC is showing some slight improvement during games, but still pixels. Keep up the good work and hopefully it will resolve soon. Please note that issues only occur during live sports games, regular programming is crystal clear with no issues, only sports is affected.