Local Channel missing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Channel missing

tsunami2311
Camera Crew

So I few months back I had my locals switched to NC (28411) cause i scheduled a move  installation to be done @NC and the local channels got changed on me within 3 hours after the schedule even though it was  a month away anyway I had CBS,NBC,FOX,ABC and CW from NC (28411) while still in NJ.

Now that I down in NC 28411, One of the channels I had which was(Cape Fear) CW is missing, when it was there before.  is there reason why (Cape Fear) CW from 28411 is now missing from the line up? cause I have recorded episodes of Flash that were from Cape Fear CW channel. so i know dish had the channel which is now gone

Other wise CBS,ABC,FOX,ABC are all there but CW is missing. I can not believe dish doesnt carry the local of CW. speically seeing i know they did

Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Local Channel missing

Jackson85
Extra

Our Local CW out of Terre Haute, Indiana is not on the Local Channels channel listings with Dish.  Will it be picked up by Dish?  I am not sure.  I am really thinking, though, it is out of Indianapolis, which is out of DMA range according to dish, but not out of range with Terre Haute according to their cable company and the Local Cable Company supplied to my town in Illinois.  We just watch the Distant The CW supplied by Dish

DISH Employee

Hello, Tsunami2311. Based on the zip-code you provided, you would be in the designated market area (DMA) of Wilmington, NC. This DMA does not include the CW part of the locals. When we schedule a move we do not change your DMA until we actually come to the new location and complete the installation. What probably happened was you were still receiving locals from the the DMA is New Jersey that included CW. 

Hello, Jackson85. Unfortunately, DISH does not get to pick the what channels are included in a DMA or what DMA you're placed in. This is all decided by your zip-code and enforced by the FCC. This means if the CW in Terre Haute is already part of the Indianapolis DMA, then we would not be able to add it to the locals of Terre Haute. 

tsunami2311
Camera Crew

No i was recieving Cape Fear (CW) channel when I was still in New Jersey so Obviously Dish carried the channel for local in NC.

Again I have Recording of the flash that has comericals saying Cape Fear CW

DISH Employee

This does seem like an odd issue tsunami2311. Could you please send me a Private Message including the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so I can research it for you?

eman926
Character Actor

Have you thought about an OTA antenna?