cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Channel Renegotiation

Gary5579
Extra
Dear Dish,

I live in the Huntington, WV viewing area and it is my understanding you are currently in negotiations with WSAZ in Huntington, WV to continue carrying their local TV station in your lineup. My subscription to DIsh began less than a year ago and one of the criteria for me to switch to Dish from your rival, DirecTV, was that you included Local Programming in your lineup. Now I'm hearing it may be in jeopardy. I want to sincerely urge you to settle on an agreement with WSAZ so that we may continue viewing their broadcasts. Our viewing area contains a lot of rural areas that makes satellite services such as Dish the only option for viewing local news and/or programming. Please do not discontinue broadcasting WSAZ!

Thank you,
Gary in WV
18 Replies

Re: Local Channel Renegotiation

Rlbilby
Extra
We will also be losing locals in springfield, mo... ky3, kspr, and cw. We are already unhappy because these aren't our actual locals but because our address town is primarily in a different county than where we live, we can't get our actual locals (so, no school closings, weather warnings, or other relevant info for us) but we do enjoy world news since it's all that pertains to us as well as network programming. We will leave dish if this happens. Wish we would have known this when we signed up two months ago.

Very unhappy customers!!

kcsheets01
Extra
What the heck?!! My CBS affiliate, WIFR, in Rockford, IL just announced Dish was dropping them tomorrow at 6PM. This is where I get all my local news and watch many of my favorite programs on CBS. I am willing to bet Dish is not going to reduce my bill if they take away my local programming.
Get your act together Dish! I want my local programming!!!

abproctor
Extra
I live in southeast Ohio and just heard on our "local" news that we may loose our local channels WTAP, WOVA and WIYE out of Parkersburg, WV. I ask you to please come to some negotiation with these stations. There is a lot of rural customers in this area that depend on satellite companies like Dish to get their local programming. I have been a Dish customer for over 12 years and have endured many price increases, but have stayed a loyal customer. If we loose the local channels then that will change and I will look elsewhere. Please stay true to your customers and fix this.

We live outside Casper WY and cannot receive any local channels without a satellite provider. Channel 13 is our most-watched local network, and we are VERY upset to think that you may no longer provide it.

njgibby
Extra
I live in Colbert ok and get my local channels through Dish. I want to keep these or we will have find a new carrier for satellite.

njgibby
Extra
There are too many useless channels such as shopping channels and the like; that we don't watch and the Bill keeps going up. My local companies charge less and we have been customers for around 20 years. It's time for a cheaper price change for long term customers and keeping our local channels.

KOLO Channel 8 Reno NV

Letha1
Extra
PLEASE PLEASE Don't remove channel 8 from our programming list. We have watched them for over 30 years and they are like family to us. Almost everything we watch in Prime time is on this channel. My husband says if it's removed we will have to go to another provider even though we will have early termination fees. We really love Dish and don't want to change. Please try to work out the fee problems and keep our favorite local channel.

Sincerely, Letha Gorden

nlukas
Extra
I found out today we may be losing our local channels: KNOP TV, KIIT, & FOX owned by Gray Television. Please, Dish work to come to a resolution. If anything I would think it is a public safety concern alerting the public of severe weather conditions.

Patfinch44
Extra
I live in Lexington, KY and just heard today that local channel WKYT may be dropped by DishNetwork tomorrow, 1/17/17. We are paying for local channels as part of the package with Dish. This is where we get local news and weather, and is an important part of the package. Please do not discontinue this channel.