Left DirecTV after 23 years and my reward....limited guide info (OTA)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Left DirecTV after 23 years and my reward....limited guide info (OTA)

keviha
Character Actor

Chadt4141 - can you confirm what can be done or who I should contact to raise this issue within Dish?  As I mentioned above, Dish includes PBS channel 6 in my market (Sacramento, CA).  I'm receiving guide data for channel 6 secondary channels (6.2, 6.3, 6.4) but not for channel 6 primary channel (6.1). 

I know guide data is available for channel 6.1 as I was receiving without fail for years thru my account with DirecTV using their OTA tuner AM-22.   

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Best start would be to PM any of the reps on this board... I am not sure who would be the first available, but after they see this, they are pretty good at responding. For a faster response, the same team runs the Facebook and Twitter Page, and respond usually in minutes.

DISH Employee

Hello Keviha. I  am sorry to hear that you are experiencing so many issues with your local PBS channel. I'd b pleased to take a look into this issue for you. May you please provide me with your phone number., and security pin so that I may access your account?   

keviha
Character Actor

Hi KimberlyH - I've sent you a PM with requested information. I look forward to hearing from you.  Thx.  Kevin

DISH Employee

To send a Private Message:.

Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
 Click Compose New Message.
 Enter the recipient's name (Kimberly H) in the Send to area.
 Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.

Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
Then click Send Message

Osceola
Character Actor
Had the same problem when I added OTA locals to my 722K receiver. After I scanned for the locals many of them did not have programming guide info. I did the old unplug power for a minute and then plug back in. The system did a complete reboot including signal search and downloading programming guide. All of the national networks had guide info, but many local sub channels ( The ones that Dish does not carry) provided no programming info. My guess is that programming info is available OTA only if the local channel is also part of Dishes local programming package. I’m in an unusual situation in that I can receive local OTA channels from both the Orlando and the Tampa markets and man

keviha
Character Actor

Hi Osceola - I appreciate your thoughts on your experience around OTA channels.

Your resoonse prompted me to remember that I hadn’t posted an update on my issue.  The cliff notes version is my issue was resolved by purchasing (at my expense) a new OTA adapter.  After installing, running scan it found all of the channels I expected to find... and more importantly, my local PBS .3 channel started displaying proper guide info.  

I wish i could could say that this resolution could be attributed to the support person who reached out to me.  While initially helpful, once I was told the issue was going to their engineering team for research, dating back to nearly 2 months, I never heard back.  

keviha
Character Actor

Correction....it was my PBS main station (6.1) that wasn’t populating guide info.  Since it wasn’t a secondary station, there had to be a logical reason for the problem.  In this case, I trouble shooted by replacing OTA module purchased off AirTV website. AirTV is a Dish owned company specializing in OTA services.  Numerous forums pointed me to their website as a source to receive latest version of OTA modu,e.  In my case, this was the solution required to resolve my issue.