Latest On FSN Channels?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest On FSN Channels?

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

Based on the following announcement by Dish and the wording that there may be a surcharge for regional sports, what is the latest on the negotiations between Dish and Sinclair?  Will we be getting our regional sports channels back?  If so, when will we get them?  The posting said the new charges will begin on 1/14/2020.  Does that mean we will get regional channels back on that date?

https://my.dish.com/infocenter#whatshappening

9 Replies

Re: Latest On FSN Channels?

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

I'm a bit skeptical on this whole thing.  I have been without FSMW for many months.  When I entered my zip code in the box on that page it said there would be no surcharge.  I don't know if that means I will be getting it back at no additional charge or if FSMW will not be returning to my area or what.

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

I am skeptical now.  After posting this, I saw where my local Fox channels were in jepordy of being lost tomorrow.  I tell you, I am sick and tired of this.  I also entered my zip code in and it told me the same thing.  I just took that to be no surcharge, but with it happening to you as well, I have no faith in anything Dish is telling us.  I do know they better not raise my monthly I cost without returning the regional sports.

Highlighted

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
How about a Dish employee answer the post? Mine also said no surcharge. Promise page still not updated either.

DISH Employee

Hello Dazed1. If your zip code shows no charge for RSN, then you would not be charged an additional fee. Our MyDish.com/Promise page is updated as we receive information.

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

That did not answer all the questions.  First, has the Dish/FSN dispute been resolved?  Second, if not, are you really raising our subscription prices when all of our programming is in question?  Third if the FSN dispute has not been resolved, when will it?  Fourth, why are local channels being affected by all of this.  Dish cannot survive without programming.  Why are they not securing thier programming?

DISH Employee

We continue to urge FOX Regional Sports Networks to work with us to reach a logical, long-term agreement on behalf of our mutual viewers. We are hopeful and open to a fair agreement to bring FOX Regional Sports Networks back as quickly as possible. At this time, we do not have any details on the current negotiations or when an agreement may be reached. Updates will be provided on DISHPromise.com as soon as they’re available.

To provide the great shows and movies our customers love, we pay programmers who own that content. We are known for fighting to keep our prices low, but DISH and all other pay-TV providers have had to accept significant price increases from these channel owners to continue providing great content. DISH will continue to fight to keep programming cost down, but we are also focused on increasing the value of your service.

The negotiations with the owners of FOX Regional Sports Network does not affect your local channels, as they have different owners. We would be happy to take a look to see what updates we have for your specific local channels that may be affected. We would only need your current zip code. If you would prefer, feel free to send us a Private Message with that information so we can look into this together. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
This statement makes no sense for sports fans, as Dish claims they love.
“we are also focused on increasing
the value of your service.”
I for one disagree with the above statements as a customer of 20 yrs

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

Yes, my local channels are being affected.  Whether it is due to FSN negotions or not is immaterial to me.  The bottom line is more channels that I watch, are are LOCAL, channels are being affected because Dish will not resolve their disputes.  The ones that are affecting me are Fox23, KMY-TV and KOKI-TV in the Tulsa, OK area.  However, you see posting all over this board stating the same thing is occurring to them as well.  What is going on with Dish??????

DISH Employee

Periodically, DISH and its channel owners negotiate deals so that we may offer you high-quality content at a fair value. We are still in negotiations and do not understand why Apollo has chosen to involve our customers at this time. We are working to not only reach an agreement, but a long-term agreement for our customers.