Is it time to switch to DirecTV over HBO?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is it time to switch to DirecTV over HBO?

Lighthope
Extra

So, since there is no HBO on the horizon, is it time to switch to DirecTV, espcially since they are going to be raising their rates soon?  Get in before the price hike.

I live in an area where only satellite is available, so I can't stream.  (Get hit by that awful FAP, so can't stream Game of Thrones)

7 Replies

Re: Is it time to switch to DirecTV over HBO?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
If you feel that is the move you have to make, then that is the move you have to make. They already had their price increase, was on 1/15. As an HBO subscriber, I am happy with a dish on this one, as the alternative option is someone subsidizes my HBO Premium channel, and then Dish loses out on a lot more customers than the minority that subscribed to HBO. The deal didn’t make sense, and with any luck, the DOJ wins their case against ATt, the deal gets unraveled, and ATT customers have to start paying for HBO, in addition to ATt and directv customers having to pay more to make up for the revenueless loss they had. That would be some irony.

Armtek
Extra

I have been a DISH user for around 18 years now (installed the first systems myself) and being in Colorado I feel a loyalty towards them. We did go to Direct a few years ago for about 6 months for the 'deal' but ended up buying out our contract early to go back to DISH as our experience wiht DirectTV was absolutely horrible. This ATT/HBO battle is all about trying to put DISH out of business, pure and simple. For this reason I won't leave DISH, but if it goes away, I'd rather go to Xfinity than Direct any day. But ATT/Direct/HBO knows that rural customers don't always have a lot of options. Having been there in the past, I can appreciate your position.

Jdawg4
Costume Designer
I love dish network, don’t really care about HBO, so I’m not really affected by this. I dislike DIRECTV, especially because of the second year price increase, which they do tell you about in their literature, but still. I don’t think we go back to Comcast, just because they’re expensive on the whole.

Jdawg4
Costume Designer
That’s one thing that drew us to Dish in the first place, we had the flex pack for a month, have since moved on to other packages, our first bill was $64.53. It was pretty sweet! Oh trust me, there’s hope.

Jdawg4
Costume Designer
I apologize, that’s what I get for not looking at what topic I am posting in. Sorry

Kento_518
Extra

Don't switch to Directv. They do not carry Pac-12 Network and never will. I switched to Dish from Xfinity and I am happier with Dish.

DISH Employee

As an HBO user, and Game of Thrones fan myself. I understand your frustration,as I am also without my HBO channels. DISH is not just saying that we are trying to negotiate the return of your HBO channels, we really are fighting to reach a 
fair and reasonable solution for our customers. We thank you for hanging in there with us, and we hope to have this matter settled soon. As updates become available you can find them at DISHPromise.com.