I'm Fine without local fox channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Fine without local fox channels

falcon549
Extra

I am fine with no local Fox channels on Dish.  Local channels should be paying Dish to carry and rebroadcast their commercial based format.    I live in a metro area where all the local channels can be recieved easily with great reception.  I am going to purchase a over the air DVR with timer and drop the extra charge from Dish for local channels.    Save $20 a month.     Now if we can just get Dish to offer a completely channel by choice format from Dish, where we could onlly have the pay for the channels we want and use, they could corner the market for satelite TV.    

Forget Fox and other free local over the air channels.  Use your antenna and get them free save money.

Who cares if you have to push an extra button to get to the local channels.   They are still making over the air DVRs with OTA tuners.  Use them and save $20 a month.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: I'm Fine without local fox channels

bear350
Costume Designer

Not everyone with a Dish can Recieve OTA Stations as a bunch of People lIke me cannot get them as I am to far away from any local Tv Station.

I agree with the pick your own channels but I believe that Dish buys from a revolving market which we have to buy certain Channels to others that really don't get the attention of the big ones.  IMHO I believe all of those Local Stations should not Charge Dish or any other sevice provider to pay for their channels, for the Fact that We cannot buy CBS,ABC,NBC,FOX or CW from any other place but your locals, it's like we cannot buy channels from, Say Washington if your in Michigan as so on,  We only get our Locals, Which In My Opinoin again should not have to pay for,  those Stations want local people to watch their channels they shouldn't charge Dish Network or DirecTv or the new companies money to Provide Local people with local channels.   That is the part most of us paying for them are Frustrated about,  If we can get them Free OTA, My question is why are those Stations Charging for them to broadcast to the same area.  It makes no sense.   although I agree with you on the OTA antenna if you can get all those channels. Over the air..   

Watermoon
Character Actor
Lucky you! I live in the mountains, and depend on Dish for local programming. They NEED to fix this situation NOW!!!!

falcon549
Extra

I'm lucky?  Count your blessings!  I would gladly give up my local channel access to be able to live in the mountains.

My elevation is about 650' and a stone's throw from DFW airport.   Wanna trade homes?

Bchan
Costume Designer
Entitled people who think their individual needs should determine the decisions of a multibillion dollar company are pretty arrogant. Just saying.

bear350
Costume Designer

That's a bit off the wall.  Who here sounded intitled,  If the Local Stations let Local People watch for FREE with an Over the Air Antenna why should those same Stations Charge Dish or DirecTv to Provide those same Stations  to People that could get those same station with an OTA antenna ? 

It's all about Money if you ask me.  

But I really don't think anyone here sounded intitled at all.  They are just asking Questions.  Relax a bit hey!!