Houston Astros games blacked out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Houston Astros games blacked out

DonB
Character Actor

How do you watch Houston Astros games without spending a fortune? I have 120 plus and multi sports channels.

32 Replies

Re: Houston Astros games blacked out

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
If in the Houston area... it’s not available. If outside the Houston area, the MLB package is another route.

DonB
Character Actor

MLB preview last of march to 4/5 free preview but some of the games still blacked out so no need to pay just under $200.00 for mlb and still have blackouts. I am not big on sports but last season cought my atention and would like to see more games. But cant afford to sell the farm so I can see baseball.  Any ideas?

Roadijeff
Audio Engineer

Are the games broadcast over an OTA channel?  If so and you're close enough to the tower you could add an OTA antenna, connect it to your Hopper and record or watch the games.

DonB
Character Actor

Blacked out on 152 & 412-43 not on local channels rights to brodcast bought by some sports channel I guess. I have ota for all local channels but no help there.

DonB
Character Actor

HAY DISH do you have the Houston astros game on any channel for todays game if so what channel and what is the cost?

DISH Employee

Hi DonB. You can see the available games for your location by entering your zip code in our Game Finder here: https://www.mydish.com/gamefinder.

DonB
Character Actor

I will look farther ahead and see but for the next 6 games they are in my programming but blacked out but friends with ATT or Directv and uverse in my area are watching the games? I do not know about comcast or others but I ask Dish today if they had the Astros on any channel at any price they said no and it is blacked out for the local area. So why does ATT have it. I think mabe ATT is buying and blocking games to push ATT Sportsnet SW. I am not happy with Dish right now. I pay to see  these channels so let me see them. I think the rights to the games go to the highest bidder so Dish step on up there and bid or dont offfer sports.

DISH Employee

We do apologize for any frustrations. Our agreements with broadcasters require us to blackout some sporting events from time to time. These blackout rules are controlled by the leagues, sports associations, and networks that purchase the rights to the broadcasts. You can contact these leagues, sports associations, and networks to voice your opinion. To read more on blackout information you can also go to this link, http://www.mydish.com/support/blackouts.

Astros Blacked out!!

Rchapman81
Extra
Very irritated that I've been a dish customer 3 yrs now and suddenly I can't watch ASTROS games! Do I need to find a different provider??!! Dish needs to step up and do whatever they need to do to fix this issue.