Hbo

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hbo

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The information ATt put out about “Still delivering the signal”, is only half true. The signal will always be carried until their towers no longer broadcast a signal to anyone. Them authorizing the redistribution of the channels is a different story. So physically, yes they are sending the signal, legally, can Dish use it and offer to their customers, no. ATT is lying by omission.

Moose420
Extra

Well, here's the deal.  I have been dissatisfied with Dish customer service for a while.  The process for dumping recordings from a receiver to a replacement receiver almost qualified as harrassment.  So, now I have an offer by mail to go to DirecTV and get a $300 gift card.

DISH Employee

We would hate to see you leave the Dish family, Moose420! I would be more than happy to take a look at your account with you to see what options we have available during this negotiation with the channel owners. To access your account, please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code.

Here is a link for step by step instructions on how to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Highlighted

NooNoo
Character Actor
Well why is it that Direct TV and cable companies still run HBO and cinemax?

DISH Employee

Since Dish doesn't own the channels we provide, only the channel owners can remove their content. AT&T acquired Time Warner, the owner of HBO and Cinemax, in 2018. This acquisition was approved with no guidelines set ensuring that AT&T would “play fair” when negotiating with any cable or satellite TV provider. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Directv and HBO are owned by the same company, ATt(AntiTrust issue).

Dish is the first contract to expire since ATT purchased TWM, and they are usually a year or more apart from any other provider so channel owners do not have multiple major providers down at the same time during negotiations or black outs. Ever look at Directv’s Facebook Page after Dish drops a channel? Ever look at their page when directv drops a channel? Hearst was one that got dropped from a dish and Directv, Directv a few months after Dish got it back while Hearst was telling people to switch to directv. Then they started telling people to switch to Dish. Follow the dollar for the end of the rainbow.

Jcaryl0928
Camera Crew
The only reason i even gave dish was for hbo. I pay an ungodly price for 400 infomercial/home shopping channels just so i can get hbo. Now that it is gone they can come get their crap system for all I care. Horrible customer service and lousy reception.

Jcaryl0928
Camera Crew
Haha thats a joke right?

mtbarr64
Extra
Here is what I posted to FB pages.

Well I won't be watching the finale of GOT I don't care enough about a simple fantasy show to throw customers under the bus.

Time Warner owns ATT, HBO, and DirectTV. HBO at corporates behest is DEMANDING Dish Netwok, DirectTVs competitor pay FULL Price for HBO to 30% of their customers!!!! Extortion by the new MONOPOLY at Time Warner.

Only 20% of Dish customers have HBO. Making Dish agree to pay for 30% of their customer base without customers to actually PAY, means Dish takes a LOSS.

How is this allowed in our supposed FCC regulated country? Time Warner executives LIED to the feds to get approval and are now using MONOPOLISTIC tactics against competitors!

Boycott GOT, HBO, ATT, DirectTV, and Time Warner!!!

mtbarr64
Extra
Support Dish! Here are the details... KNOW the facts before going off.

Well I won't be watching the finale of GOT! I don't care enough about a simple fantasy show to throw customers under the bus.

Time Warner owns ATT, HBO, and DirectTV. HBO at corporates behest is DEMANDING Dish Netwok, DirectTVs competitor pay FULL Price for HBO to 30% of their customers!!!! Extortion by the new MONOPOLY at Time Warner.

Only 20% of Dish customers have HBO. Making Dish agree to pay for 30% of their customer base without customers to actually PAY, means Dish takes a LOSS.

How is this allowed in our supposed FCC regulated country? Time Warner executives LIED to the feds to get approval and are now using MONOPOLISTIC tactics against competitors!

Boycott GOT, HBO, ATT, DirectTV, and Time Warner!!!