cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HBO

Lgerodimos
Extra
It sucks that we don’t have HBO but after my research, I am on DISH’s side. I did find a fix that worked for me and wanted to pass along the case it worked for others. I use AT&T for my cell service and it turns out I get free HBO because of that. I’ve been watching my HBO series on HBOgo using the login I got from AT&T mobile.
5 Replies

e info.Re: HBO

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

Thanks for the info.  Although I only watched HBO during their free preview weekends and I wasn't much interested in it otherwise, it's good to know I can still watch it for free.  We've had an AT&T mobile account for many years and, according to what I read on Wikipedia about HBO Go, I can watch it on my 75" Samsung Smart TV.

Re: e info.Re: HBO

DISH Employee

That is correct RoadJeff, most modern Samsung Smart TV's actually come either pre-installed with the HBO Go app, or have the option to download it through their App's market.  This actually extends to most other providers apps as well, such as Showtime, Cinemax, Fox, etc.

Re: e info.Re: HBO

Lgerodimos
Extra

That's how I watch it on my Samsung Smart TV.

Re: HBO

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

@Lgerodimos wrote:
It sucks that we don’t have HBO but after my research, I am on DISH’s side. I did find a fix that worked for me and wanted to pass along the case it worked for others. I use AT&T for my cell service and it turns out I get free HBO because of that. I’ve been watching my HBO series on HBOgo using the login I got from AT&T mobile.

I checked with the AT&T Store earlier today and it seems that not everyone with an AT&T mobile account can automatically get HBO Go for free.  I was told that it is only available to the ones who have an unlimited data plan, which we do not.  They offered to upgrade our current plan to the unlimited for around $16 more per month but I wasn't interested.

Re: HBO

tsunami2311
Costume Designer

my mobile service is threw ATT but it does no cover HBO as far as I can tell