HBO time to fly

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO time to fly

DW
Extra

I’ve been with Dish for 16 years but they keep having issues as they lose customers. 

My loyalty is at the end of its rope.

figure out your hbo settlement or I am gone by thanksgiving.

You keep buying bandwidth and it seems that satellite tv is a secondary business going forward. 

If you can’t stay in this business be honest and tell us 

5 Replies

Re: HBO time to fly

peggyrh
Casting Director

HBO is now owned by AT&T - which also owns DirecTV.  They are making unreasonable requests (wanting a guaranteed number of subscribers) & Dish doesn't want to be held hostage - so AT&T pulled the channel.  According to news sources it may start happening to other pay tv services too (Spectrum, Comcast etc) when their contracts expire.  AT&T wants everyone to move to DirecTV in order to get HBO.

HBO can be streamed online for the same price if you have decent internet, just subscribe (you do need a smart tv, Roku or Fire TV).

olpdog
Camera Crew

I've read very similar reports. Dish is losing interest in providing TV programming and much more interested in providing 5G satellite internet services. I've got a feeling we're going to start seeing blackouts every time a contract negotiation arrives, and we'll be unlikely to see resolutions to many of them. I just wish Dish would come out honestly about their plans to do away with TV services, nullify any contracts satellite customers have signed and encourage customers to find a new TV provider.

efraincampos
Camera Crew
By the sounds of what peggyrh said in the comment above, I think dish wants us to find another subscriber. They’re recommending us to subscribe to HBO GO. If they are saying we can pay for premium services separately from dish, then why do we even need to bother with paying for dish???

DISH Employee

We apologize you have been impacted by HBO’s decision to remove their programming from our lineup. We are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement for the restoration of their channels.  For more information visit DISHPromise.com.

olpdog
Camera Crew

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Dish start suggesting customers subscribe to Directv Now if they want to catch the programming no longer available on Dish. They'll offer us a $5 credit toward our Dish bill to make up for it.