cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO status

REDDIAMOND
Character Actor
HBO Status

Calling dish is like going to the dentist, no one voluntarily does it. You have to allow 2 hours to deal with any simple easily resolved problem... if DISH actually cared about loyalty and their customers this type of channel lock out would not continue. I resolved my HBO problem by subscribing through my ROKU. I have not received any refunds however, nor anything else from Dish to try to make good on broken contract. Can we really start a class action? How? I want to please email me direct Bartsrock @Oklahomastonecompany.com or respond here.

REDDIAMOND
Character Actor
HBO Status

I remember but the problem is our Senator’s and Congress People R all paid off by these monopolies like google, Apple, Facebook ect. Dish is no exception. Our representatives no longer represent We The People and that is our own faults. It is always Political even our television service.

MEG
Extra

I'll be leaving DISH after having been a subscriber for 20 years. HBO/
DISH dispute should have been settled by now. I recently moved to a rural area where

high-speed, fiber optic internet is not an option.

My 3G/mo plan (thru DISH/Hughes) costs over $50/month so i  addition to dumping DISH

I'll cut ties and HughesNet as well. Great business plan.

Vorlon85
Character Actor

@amwoolf wrote:

I have been a loyal Dish customer for 20 years. When Verizon FIOS was brought into my neighborhood last year I upgraded my internet to them but remained with Dish for TV. I have never seen a dispute/outage last this long. What the heck is going on? Will someone from Dish please advise us if this is going to be resovled soon? If not Dish stand's to lose a lot of customers that they never will get back - with a big negative effect on the bottom line!

Dont heap all the blame on dish. This is all about AT&T being jerks I doubt it will be resolved soon as well. HBO wants dish to pay for a large number of HBO subscribers it doesnt have. Everyone I know who is upset about the loss of HBO just gets a torrent downloader and a VPN that doesnt log use and Grabs the shows via torrent sites.. Easy fix note this isnt legal to do but people just dont care anymore. And everyone is doing this that lost channels already. Ive been a loyal customer also for more than 20 years There is no way you will get me to leave dish for Cable or Directv.. Anything run by AT&T is a disaster.. And now the rates for AT&T have skyrocketed for those users and they are pissed.. so leaving DIsh I would stick right where your at. I know it sucks to loose channels. But at least the company is fighting for you. AT&T wont do that.

1Barb
Extra

I will join in a class action lawsuit.  This is a monopoly!  I wonder how many customers have left because of this?

1Barb
Extra

No, we are still being filled the full price.   DISH should refund from the first month and when HBO returns then start billing again.  

How many customers have left dish because of this?

This is really poor customer service.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hi, 1Barb. You will not be charged for HBO; HBO will be reflected as $0.00 on your bill. I am happy to review your account in detail and ensure you are not being charged. Feel free to send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin. 

Here is a link with step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039.

mdnewhouse
Extra

I have been with dish for  30+ years and i am strongly thinking going to cable which i hate so that i can see GOT last season. this has to stop, think about the customer, i am not going to stream hbo on my computer and have another bill to pay

Missingnbc
Character Actor
Hey dish have you seen now reviews on the HBO Go app terible! I want to care about you negotiations but yeah it's so bad at buffer has nothing like Netflix or Hulu just look at all the reviews in the frustrated people sure you could get it from somewhere else but if HBO's app is Beyond quality! Guess what he can't get it from someone else I guess DirecTV?

Missingnbc
Character Actor
Too bad the HBO app is beyond quality just read the reviews so you can't get it anywhere else except DirecTV