HBO status

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO status

amwoolf
Audio Engineer

I know this is the result of the merger but what can we do about it? I guess I can call my senators, etc to request them to investigate. Maybe we should all write the judges in the appeals court and tell them how we have been impacted. Why doesn't DISH take out ads on tv, etc advising the general population what is going on even though it only affects a relatively small number of people this will lead to more of these issues. I remember when AT&T was broken up since they were a monopoly in the phone business and now the courts are allowing the same problems to resurface.

GetReal
Extra
We are highly considering cancelling the service because of the HBO blackout. We are currently deciding whether to do it for not, we pay a lot of money for this service. We have the old hopper too and we never got offered a free upgrade. Is there anything Dish can do to help us get that or at least some credit? HBO is very important to us and we hope it comes back

DISH Employee

We would hate to lose you as a valued DISH customer. I would be glad to review your account for available options to keep you with us. Please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code. To learn how to send a private message please click here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Ekylaw
Extra
Since Dish can pull its agreement with HBO prior to its termination because it does not like the contract proposal, can I void my contract with Dish because they don’t offer the programming I contracted to buy?

DISH Employee

Eue to the nature of our contracts with various channel owners our residential service agreement states that any programming or packages are subject to change. Any contracts would still be valid in the event of a channel take down.

Highlighted

Jlg
Costume Designer
A material breach of contract, particularly due to bad faith, including but not limited to the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, would certainly obviate your legal contentions.

amwoolf
Audio Engineer

This was not a DISH decision -- it is AT&T (who now owns HBO and Cinemax after they purchased TimeWarner) to with hold the programming when the contract expired to try to get more money from Dish. And I don't for a moment expect AT&T would have let Dish continue broadcasting the channels without a contract as it is not in their financial interest. They want to get people to switch to DirectTV which they also own. In 20+ years as aa Dish customer there are occasional contract disputes but they never lasted more than a few days - not 2 months with no end in site (to my knowledge). And you always have the opportunity to try to negotiate with Dish to get better pricing, etc when your contract expires - which I have done several times - or even try to get something now while this dispute carries own.

dcruz007
Extra

I am DONE waiting for HBO to return to DISH. Sad I have been with dish for about 10 years. No one seems to know what's going on or when it will return. All we get is sorry sorry sorry. No you are not sorry if you were HBO would be back by now. I am very upset with this issue and will be telling all my friends to leave DISH ASAP , I will also post to Facebook & Twitter, what you have NOT done to get us what we have paid for shame on all of you at DISH.

DISH Employee

I would definitely hate to see you leave over this, dcruz007! Private Message me and I can see if there are any options available. You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Once an agreement is reached, HBO's channels will be restored and available immediately. 

jbird
Character Actor

So then people will just pirate , the honest people that pay for HBO, for Game of Thrones and Such , will leave Dish and get free HBO, its dumb on both ends .