HBO status

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO status

Jlg
Costume Designer
How about telling us what's actually going on and not being evasive everyone someone asks?

DISH Employee

Hi, Jlg. At this time we don't have any additional information available to provide. As more updates become available they will be released online at DISHPromise.com.

Jlg
Costume Designer
Oh, you have it available. It's just been hidden from the customers.

amwoolf
Audio Engineer

How about showing some concern and give us something we don't have for FREE until this is resolved. For example, I don't subscribe to EPIX and STARS so let me have those channels until you resolve your problem. Other people may want some other channels so let people decide what they want until you resolve this issue. Maybe everyone gets 12 free PPV movies, etc. But do something! And giving us HDNet movies hasn't been really useful to my house as there hasn't been anything we desire to watch.

map1pa
Costume Designer

Sorry...but it's more and more difficult to believe that Dish truly CARES about its customers.   Customer opinion and perception matters!!!!!!!!!!!!  I elevated my HBO concerns to the CEO office and the representative was less than helpful....in fact, she was bordering on rude and condescending and treated me as if I didn't know what was really going on.    To compare Dish and their products to APPLE is beyond ridiculous and lack of action and inability on Dish's part to more aggressively negotiate with HBO shows me that Dish is quickly becoming irrelevant and probably won't be around much longer.   So sad!  Dish used to be great service...but not any more. 

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hello amwoolf, we completely understand where you're coming from and your concern. If you'd like, please send a Private Message including the account/phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account and we can see what options are available.

Jlg
Costume Designer
Yeah more secrecy dish. Great job. Offer different customers different things depending on how much they complain.

Great customer service. Not.

Whome607
Character Actor
How about some Free VOD credit to make up for the tired movies we are getting stuck with

DISH Employee

Whome607, I completely understand how much this has impacted you. I am happy to review your account to check what options you may have. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin? 

Here is a link with step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

You realize that this is not HBO vs. DISH but ATT/Directv/HBO vs. DISH. ATT owns HBO and Directv and the deal they offered to DISH was exactly what DISH and the Department of Justice predicted would happen when the purchase of Time-Warner (HBO) by ATT was allowed. If DISH gives in on the ridiculous proposal they have received from ATT then DISH will have to charge a good bit more to all customers--even the 80% that have not been subscribing to HBO. ATT is working towards a monopoly and if they achieve their goal then we are all stuck with paying whatever they want to charge. The ultimate goal of ATT is to put DISH and other competitors out of business. I would rather give up HBO for the time being rather than give in to the Dark Side.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/appeals-court-hears-governments-bid-to-break-up-att-and-time-wa...