HBO status

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO status

lserrano
Extra
Any hope to get HBO again? I will have to get another cable provider because HBO was one if the main reasons I get cable TV. My favorite shows are there.
22 Replies

Re: HBO status

map1pa
Camera Crew
Totally agree! Both Dish and HBO should be ashamed about allowing this dispute to affect customers! I’m giving it a few more weeks and then I’m going to drop Dish. What’s most sad, Dish just doesn’t care about their customers! Customer service is poor and rude..even at the CEO off ice level when I filed a formal complaint with the BBB. I’m exploring my options and may soon say goodbye to Dish if this dispute isn’t resolved soon!!
Highlighted

amwoolf
Costume Designer

I have been a loyal Dish customer for 20 years. When Verizon FIOS was brought into my neighborhood last year I upgraded my internet to them but remained with Dish for TV. I have never seen a dispute/outage last this long. What the heck is going on? Will someone from Dish please advise us if this is going to be resovled soon? If not Dish stand's to lose a lot of customers that they never will get back - with a big negative effect on the bottom line!

Jlg
Camera Crew
Over 10 year customer. I will be canceling in 2 weeks if this is not resolved, and if dish tries to charge me an ETF, I will start a class action.

kefer1113
Extra

The main problem is, when ATT was able to merge with Time Warner. That gave ownership of HBO to ATT (Kinda) and ATT also owns Direct TV. The whole thing is a mess. I've been a Dish Customer for over 20 years. I've never leased equipment from Dish. so I don't pay as much as most for their service. But it is aggravating. I doubt I will ever leave dish. HBO will come back and Game of Thrones will still be there. If most can't wait....just download it from a torrent site..(this is war) LOL

My bottom line, I'm not going anywhere! Owning my equipment, I have "Dish Everything Pac" for just a little over a 100 bucks per mo. And you can't beat that anywhere!!

map1pa
Camera Crew
I agree! I will join in a clsss action lawsuit. I refuse to pay an ETF if I decide to cancel if this dispute isn’t resolved soon. Dish and hbo need to stop the blame game and come up up with a solution now!!!
Tags (1)

DISH Employee

We apologize you have been impacted by HBO’s decision to remove their programming from our lineup. We are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement for the restoration of their channels. Once an agreement is reached, HBO’s channels will be restored and available immediately. While we work to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with HBO for the restoration of their channels, you will not be charged. HBO will be reflected as $0.00 on your bill. For more information, please visit DISHPromise.com.

Jlg
Camera Crew
Yeah that's what YOU say on behalf of dish. Expressly stated online is HBO saying dish is the one with the issue.

I am sick of it. I am sick of being treated poorly by dish. My response? Same junk and no substantive reply, just assad same old same old.

Dish, you are about to lose a 10 year customer. I blame dish because I pay you vast amounts and get poor programming.

map1pa
Camera Crew

Dear Dish -   You call your response acceptable??????!!   Not being charged for a service I don't receive SHOULD BE A GIVEN!!!! It's this kind of LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE that's killing DISH.  No solutions and corporate party line responses don't work anymore when popular programming is removed.  DISH's ability to effectively negotiate is downright POOR!  I'm a 16+ year customer that's ready to disconnect!  But then again, Dish DOESN'T CARE about its customers.   And, if I get charged an ETF, I'll also be filing a class action lawsuit. 

DISH Employee

We do care about our customers and would hate to see you go. If there's anything I can do to help improve your experience during the negotiation, I would be happy to. If you'd like, please send a Private Message including the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account and we can see what options are available. 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039