HBO Still dark

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO Still dark

Steph
Extra

You should be negotiating with AT&T since they own DirecTv & HBO. 

In the meantime, my bill dropped for 1 month and has gone back up. WTF is up with that?

Rising costs & declining service mean that I am not getting my money's worth.  Additionally, I am no longer bound by contract limitations since I have been a customer for a very long time.  You've had me long enough & if you still want my business, you need to start making what little services that remain appealing.  If you want customer loyalty, you need to earn it.  I can wait for GOT to come out on disc.  I won't like it, but it won't be the end of my world.

Additionally, I really don't need local channels, so I can sign up with DirecTv to get the programming I want.

Does Dish even care any longer?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
With a dish, you can drop the locals and save $12. With directv, you cannot. They are negotiating with ATT, the Warner branch, known as WarnerMedia. John Stankey, ATT CEO is also in charge of Warner Media negotiations.

efraincampos
Camera Crew
I was looking at my bill today and thought the same thing. It went down for one month and now it seems to be back up, Plus dish decided they needed to raise the price of insurance by $1.00 a month. . What the deal with that ? Is Dish tiring to make the remaining customers pay for loss of revenue from losing subscribers who weren’t suckered into signing a contract or extending their contract. If a Dish employee is reading this let me know what the cost is to break my contact, then I’ll have till April to decide if it’s worth it.
Highlighted

Cdog18
Character Actor

SadedraJ - No need for a private message.  I do not have an issue with my account other than not being provided what I signup for.  I really do not care about the "other" providers who have disputes as I am not paying for their services.  What I do care about is Dish dropping two premium channel offerings that I signed up for.  

Your Packages response is a BS response to this event.   In over 20 years I have never had any provider act in a manner in which Dish is on this issue.   Your management has touch with their customer base and I am begining to think that they must be part of Congress as they are acting out in the same manner as our Government.  

Shame on Dish Management.

BeckyLD
Extra

Dishpromise.com is never updated!!! It is exactly the same everytime you go to it.  We need better updates as to when our programming will be returned.  The alternative you have given us is terrible, it is the same station on 2 different channels and the other is in spanish. Please get my HBO back soom.  

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
There is nothing to update. They are still negotiating. There is absolutely no timeline for this either. The timeline is whenever both parties agree to terms, or both parties walk away from negotiations. That is when you’ll see an update. There is no information to release, as the discussions are held under a confidentiality agreement. Even threatening(and actually) leaving, does not change those timelines. I would encourage anyone that may have a friend that has HBO on another provider, get their HBO Go login. I just did this with my parents and am watching HBO again. Alternatively, you can take the $15 per month dish is not charging for it, and apply for HBO Now for the same exact price. The few that cannot stream(DSL at 2.5 Mbps should be plenty for the average viewer of HBO) even with relative data caps(satellite is excluded almost immediately), unfortunately, it is a waiting game. You can cast both HBOGo and HBONow to a smart tv, so you don’t have to watch on the computer or phone.

DISH Employee

The latest update we have is the negotiations are still on going. We understand contract disputes are frustrating and working to reach an agreement as soon as possible. I can review your account and see what other options we have available. Please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code.

Tandye
Extra
But to watch hbo now we would have to watch on our little phone screen or our little computer screen. We want to watch Game of Thrones on the big screen. So HBO Go is not an option for a lot of us.

DISH Employee

I completely understand where you're coming from, Tandye! Game of Thrones is definitely one of those shows that is better on your TV. HBO NOW is available on a wide range of popular devices and services (Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Prime). Depending on your TV, you may already have access to one or more of these options that will still allow you to view it on your TV. If not, we are still actively negotiating and are open to a fair deal for the restoration of HBO. Hopefully we will come to an agreement before Game of Thrones premier! 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
If you have a smart tv and your phone is connected to the same network, you can cast from your phone to your tv.