cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HBO Still dark

CCJCastle
Extra
Happy 2019 and apparently DISH customers still remain in the dark with respect to HBO service, both literally and figuratively. Why have there been no updates to the progress of resolving this debacle? The new year certainly warrants reviewing my DISH Bill and deciding if it is money well spent and sadly as a everybody longtime customer, I'm no longer certain that it is. Even at a point when I was considering turning down my two connected devices in exchange for a hopper instead, CS could only tell me that I would end up paying more per month.
20 Replies

Re: HBO Still dark

I hear you. I'm researching alternate ways to access HBO as the new Game of Thrones season starts next month. What the hell are rural customers supposed to do?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Game of Thrones starts in April...

As far as alternative ways to watch it... you can watch at HBONow currently... it’s $15 per month, just like it was on Dish... the majority of customers would not be impacted if they can do that, there are a few that can’t because of data caps, but even those on DSL can use HBONow for the amount the average user uses HBO.

stormy5
Camera Crew

I am ready to cancel Dish because of their stupid contact disputes.

I've been with them for over 3 years and every year it's a contract dispute which I've heard from reliable sources amounts to about 5 cents a subscriber.

If HBO is not back before Game of Thrones returns, I will be cancelling.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Good news is you do not pay for any of those channels through Dish.

DISH Employee

Hello, everyone! We are actively negotiating and are open to a fair deal for the restoration of HBO. Once an agreement is reached, HBO’s channels will be restored and available immediately. While we work to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with HBO for the restoration of their channels, you will not be charged. HBO will be reflected as $0.00 on your bill. For any up-to-date information, please visit Dishpromise.com. 

Cdog18
Character Actor

6 weeks and counting!!! I find it very difficult to beleive that you (Dish) are working in the intrest of your customers!   In all of the years I have had cable (Time Warner, Fios, etc.) or sat TV (Dish and Direct) I have never in the 20+years ever seen such a disaster as this! 

I find it difficut to beleive that Dish is negotiating anything other than a massive hit to your bottom line as your customers exit to others providers who are willing to take care of their needs.

Big deal, your are not charging me for a service which you are not providing.  The key point here is that you are not providing me with the service that I signed up for, which seems to boarder on breach of contract, in my mind.

DISH Employee

Hello Cdog18! We at DISH understand how frustrating missing your content can be. However, many pay-TV providers experience programming disputes as well. We are doing everything we can to work with HBO in hopes of reaching a mutually beneficial agreement. Packages are subject to change as indicated in the service agreement here: https://www.dish.com/service-agreements/

If you have questions about your account, I will be more than happy to assist you. Can you send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code associated with your DISH account?

Here are steps for sending a Private Message:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Drbasic2
Character Actor

Same canned answers

Drbasic2
Character Actor

I said the EXACT thing to them, it not about the money, it's about the service, of course they are not going to charge for what we are not getting... But all you can can count on is the same canned reply... Dish promise!! All customers need to take a stand from these jerks who care only for their bottom line... The CEO could pay for everyone's HBO and never dent his pocket.