HBO GONE!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO GONE!

rvpeggy60
Extra
The dispute between Dish and AT&T is all about money with no regard for the Dish customer. At the beginning of the dispute, Dish was given the option to keep HBO on their service and Dish declined. The lack of regard for Dish subscribers is appalling. The cost for me to cancel my Dish service and switch to AT&T is a hardship. Dish is now awaiting a court case/decision and there is no estimated time frame. I do not have Netflix or Amazon Prime or Hulu because Dish had provided everything I wanted. I am dissatisfied and whenever I see one of your "Refer a Friend" ads I am disgusted. Neither Dish nor AT&T is accepting responsibility for this situation, but one of you should.
7 Replies

Re: HBO GONE!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
I would read more on this situation...

stormy5
Camera Crew

Dish in their "dispute" has forgotten about customer satisfaction.  I believe their customers will repay their consideration in kind.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
By protecting more than 80% of the base? I think you may be missing the point on overall customer satisfaction...

DISH Employee

We absolutely get how much the channel negotiations impact you, and our other members, rvpeggy60. AT&T acquired Time Warner, the owner of HBO and Cinemax, in 2018. This acquisition was approved with no guidelines set ensuring that AT&T would “play fair” when negotiating with any cable or satellite TV provider. We are actively negotiating and are open to a fair deal for the restoration of HBO. Once an agreement is reached, HBO’s channels will be restored and available immediately.

If you'd like to send us a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, we'll be happy to check options available to help make up for the loss of content. 

You can view the steps on sending a Private Message here: 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

davej42
Extra

I have been a dish customer for a decade and a half. I have also had the everything package the entire time. I did not realize how much i watched HBO and cinamax until it was lost. I have realized that showtime and Movie Chanel are crap and yall can keep them. Starze is ok. So give us back HBO and Cinamax and takeaway Showtime.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Just thought of some advice. If you know someone with HBO, and you’re close to them, ask for their HBO Go login info, and cast to tv. I am getting my parents info and will be casting to my tv at home... no loss of service, still saving money.
Highlighted

davej42
Extra

Streaming is not an option for us as our internet service is CRAP. Dish promotes itself as the television provider for the rural areas. Thin Dish should consider the fact that a lot of us that are in rural areas don't have fast or reliable internet. Mine is on Windstream (now bankrupt) and when it rains we like on dish loose our service. On dish it is for a few minutes on Windstream its for days!. So when you put up that we have the option of going to HBO Go NO WE DON'T. Hell i will pay $15 a month for HBO and another $15 for Cinamax. And I hear Starz is next? Soon all we will have is Showtime and the Movie Chanel. I watch exactly 1 program on Showtime.