HBO Cinemax

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO Cinemax

DISH Employee

Good morning, Cammieak. You can subscribe to HBO NOW, which is HBO's streaming service that is available for $14.99 per month. This will provide the same HBO content that would be available through DISH. Available on a wide range of popular devices and services. Including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Prime, Chromecast, Apple TV, Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

PABLO
Extra

When will HBO and Cinemax be brought back to Dish

efraincampos
Camera Crew

If you're asking us to subscribe to channels that you cannot provide somewhere else, then why don't we just subscribe to all the channels we want somewhere else, and stop messing around with paying Dish anything. The point is everyone that had HBO through dish wants the convenience of accessing all the channels we watch in one place otherwise what the point of staying with a provider that can not provide what we want? You also forgot to mention Direct Tv Now as another alternative. 

tommyy2
Cinematographer

@efraincampos wrote:

If you're asking us to subscribe to channels that you cannot provide somewhere else, then why don't we just subscribe to all the channels we want somewhere else, and stop messing around with paying Dish anything. The point is everyone that had HBO through dish wants the convenience of accessing all the channels we watch in one place otherwise what the point of staying with a provider that can not provide what we want? You also forgot to mention Direct Tv Now as another alternative. 

I don't think anyone is "asking" you to do anything.

They are just telling you what your options are.

HBO will not return to Dish unless/until ATT removes their poison pill from their demands.

So if you are waiting for that to happen you might be better off sending your questions to ATT as to if/when that might ever happen.

So yes, you can go to ATT (which is what they are hoping to have you do by their poison pill, or select one of the other options that have been presented to you, or even find some other free options to get your HBO content.

It's your choice but from what I've read about ATTs track history you may really regret your decision to sign up with them.

stormy5
Camera Crew

I do not want watch HBO on my Iphone when I have a 55 inch television.    That is not an acceptable solution and I've seen it posted multiple times.

DISH Employee

I understand! I'm not a huge fan of viewing on my phone either. If you don't have a smart TV but are subscribed to HBO Now and have a laptop with an HDMI port, you can start the show on the laptop and connect it to the TV via HDMI. I don't have a DVD player so I do this for my DVD's as well, and control it with my wireless mouse!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
No one is advising to watch on your phone. Smart TVs can have hbo cast to them from the phone. I have a 55” Vizio and I cast to that. Game systems too. There are dozens of work arounds, nobody is telling you to watch on your phone.

FixIt
Extra

The standoff between Dish and HBO stems from a seemingly run-of-the-mill contract negotiation over whether Dish should pay HBO for a guaranteed number of customers, whether those subscribers materialize or not.  HBO is currently offered on Amazon for $14.99 per month and also on Hulu. Its time DISH does something to keep their subscribers happy. ATT does suck, but I want to watch HBO. Its been long enough to negotiate. DISH can make subscribers happy and fight the monopolizer with Justice Dept, etc. Shouldnt punish subscribers any longer. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/11/09/why-millions-dish-networks-customers-have-been-...

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The Justice Dept is already suing ATt over the antitrust issues with HBO. Dish is doing about what they can right now.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

@FixIt wrote:

The standoff between Dish and HBO stems from a seemingly run-of-the-mill contract negotiation over whether Dish should pay HBO for a guaranteed number of customers, whether those subscribers materialize or not.  HBO is currently offered on Amazon for $14.99 per month and also on Hulu. Its time DISH does something to keep their subscribers happy. ATT does suck, but I want to watch HBO. Its been long enough to negotiate. DISH can make subscribers happy and fight the monopolizer with Justice Dept, etc. Shouldnt punish subscribers any longer. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/11/09/why-millions-dish-networks-customers-have-been-...

So are you proposing Dish should raise my rates so you can watch HBO or should they just go belly up?