HBO Cinemax

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO Cinemax

NooNoo
Character Actor
What I don't get is, people that want and pay for HBO and Cinemax should still be getting it. The thing that HBO wants everyone to pay whether they get it or not is not our fight. We who want it should be getting it like before.
26 Replies

Re: HBO Cinemax

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
In order to offer the service, a contract has to be in place. When you say it is not your fight, it is, as ATT has chosen to impact you to be paid for by others that do not exist. Unfortunately, it is everyone’s fight. A great example, I may not eat dinner with my family due to work, but if I get home in time to help with the dishes, I do anyways. Everyone is impacted.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

@NooNoo wrote:
What I don't get is, people that want and pay for HBO and Cinemax should still be getting it. The thing that HBO wants everyone to pay whether they get it or not is not our fight. We who want it should be getting it like before.

"The thing that HBO wants everyone to pay whether they get it or not is not our fight",

so you want ME to pay more so YOU can get your HBO.  Not very nice of you and not very realistic either.

If you really want it that much there are many ways for you to get your HBO other than Dish supplying it.

Or are you really here just to make noise?

tommyy2
Cinematographer

NooNoo,

You just joined this board on January first, 26 days ago.  You have already made 6 posts.  Every one of your posts has been about this HBO/ATT fiasco, six posts about it and nothing else in the last 26 days.

Don't you get it?  This shutdown has nothing to do with the cost of HBO.  It is about ATT trying to force Dish to take a poison pill that will eventually kill it so that ATT's Direct TV can then pick up all of Dish Networks customers.  It is nothing more or less than that.

So I have to ask why do you keep posting such rubbish?

Do you secretly have a dog in this fight?

???

dobieclose
Character Actor

I think Noonoo has a right to join this board for only one gripe. There aren't any DISH Forum requirements to be savvy enough to get your favorite channels via another route. After all, isn't that what we pay DISH for? To sit in front of our TV with our DISH remote and switch channels till we find what we want? I'm sure there's another way to get every channel, but I shouldn't have to.

I understand about contracts and that there's a dispute going on. I really hope DISH wins because I don't want them to raise our HBO prices just because HBO is asking them for more. 

I hope they figure something out before April in time for Game of Thrones.

Oh, and by the way, I just joined this forum today and this is my second post. The first post was to oppose a snarky comment too. I stand behind both. 

Now, on to a post about my original DISH dissatisfaction point that I haven't even gotten to yet.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

@dobieclose wrote:

I think Noonoo has a right to join this board for only one gripe. There aren't any DISH Forum requirements to be savvy enough to get your favorite channels via another route. After all, isn't that what we pay DISH for? To sit in front of our TV with our DISH remote and switch channels till we find what we want? I'm sure there's another way to get every channel, but I shouldn't have to.

I understand about contracts and that there's a dispute going on. I really hope DISH wins because I don't want them to raise our HBO prices just because HBO is asking them for more. 

I hope they figure something out before April in time for Game of Thrones.

Oh, and by the way, I just joined this forum today and this is my second post. The first post was to oppose a snarky comment too. I stand behind both. 

Now, on to a post about my original DISH dissatisfaction point that I haven't even gotten to yet.

"I really hope DISH wins because I don't want them to raise our HBO prices just because HBO is asking them for more. "

You really do not now do you?

ATT does not want to raise the price for each HBO watcher.  It want's to put Dish out of business.  It would charge DISH for far more guaranteed HBO subscriptions than Dish has, it's really a poison pill that would force Dish to start charging all DISH customers more even if they do not get HBO or to eat the cost themselves.  In reality it really is designed to put Dish out of Business hoping that ATT's Direct TV would pick up those ex Dish customers.

I do not expect top see HBO on Dish unless ATT withdraws that poison pill from negotiations so plan accordingly.

An example of some of the worst Monopolistic practices going on.

Merlotpaz
Extra

We have been a loyal customer for many years and have been through quite a few contract fights on channels. This HBO one is happening at a very advantages time for them and I am one of the users that may have to leave your great service. Game of Thrones final season is coming soon and My household will not miss it because of a contract dispute. If I have to switch services becuase of this I will have to. April 14th is the start date for this. I live in rural America so I will have to say goodbye in March if this is not resolved. Sorry for the bluntness but I know I am not the only customers that feel this way.

DISH Employee

Merlotpaz, We apologize you have been impacted by HBO’s decision to remove their programming from our lineup. The fact is, only HBO can remove your access to their content. AT&T acquired Time Warner, the owner of HBO and Cinemax, in 2018. This acquisition was approved with no guidelines set ensuring that AT&T would “play fair” when negotiating with any cable or satellite TV provider. We are actively negotiating and are open to a fair deal for the restoration of HBO.

Highlighted

usnavyaz
Character Actor

I've been with Dish for more than 20 years. I'm not jumping ship just because of another contract dispute. I know that Dish does this to protect us, the customers. I like GOT the same as everyone else, but I will just find another way to get it without jumping ship. I've had too many bad experiences with cable companies acting nice up front, then raising rates all the time when the honeymoon period ends. Dish has always been fair with me and treated me well. I wish people could be adults and get things done. ha Almost sounds like I'm talking about congress, the most worthless collection of human beings in the world. Sure hope this resolves either way. We're passing ludicrous and going plaid.

Cammieak
Extra
I am SO over these black-outs being used as a tool for negotiating contracts! It’s been 3 months, the longest black-out yet. There have been far too many of them over the years, and inevitably, it’s always a channel that I watch a lot. The only thing that’s keeping me from changing services is I am more pissed off at AT&T.

The ironies here:
Charlie Ergen, Chairman of Dish, says, “..real negotiations do not begin until a black-out occurs.” How very Trump-like of him. (Even though Trump was against the AT&T/Time Warner/direcTV [thus, HBO, CNN, etc., etc.] merger, I’m one of those who believes it was due to his hatred of CNN, and not because he feared a giant monopoly..)
And, AT&T promised, during their court proceedings, to not black-out any TV channels for a period of 7 years, when negotiating contracts. They just cause others to..

Given the animosity and the complicated web of greedy, money-grubbing dealings between these companies, this black-out could go on a good while longer.