cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Gracenote

BillK
Audio Engineer
cjmccarty wrote:
Please go back to gracenote, this new outfit can't get anything right. It's screwing up my DVD and giving the wrong actors and dates for movie's and shows. I'm not going to continue to pay over two hundred dollars a month for crappy service.

I suspect they've already calculated the cost of switching from Gracenote to Rovi in customers lost and are willing to lose those. :(

Useless guide info

Someone at Dish apparently hired his grand-daughter who knows a LOT of adjectives but otherwise is an idiot to write the info in the guide. It's nothing but a handful of descriptive fluffy BS that tells NOTHING about what is actually IN the program but has a lot of praise for the actors ...many of whom are identified multiple times...and the small space allotted in the guide is quickly used up with all this unhelpful crap long before any real information can be displayed. This is really REALLY annoying.
If you can't fix this we will be looking at directv.

Re: Useless guide info

DISH Employee
This is a known issue. Our Tech Ops team will prioritize fixes based on the feedback they receive. In order to provide the best possible customer experience, feedback is absolutely necessary. May I please get a private message of your account or phone number along with your four digit account security code, to relay your feedback?

Re: New Update Messed up by DVR Thumbails on Programs

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Not sure about bad thumbnails however i have been seeing some generic thumbnails on the recall screen.

One thing I notice last nite, on both Nickelodeon channels, "The Parent Trap" was being played on both channels, separate time frames. Looking at the Info guide on this show, the guide showed that it was showing the 1961 version with Haley Mills. However when I changed over to watch the show, it was not the 1961 version, it was the 1998 version with Lindsey Lohan. Both listings in the guide reported the 1961 version yet actual show was the 1998 version.

Disappointing since the 1961 version is the best version hands down. ;)

The info being seen on the GUIDE is not what is actually being seen on video. Hope they can improve this. :?

Guide/Timers/Recordings/Search issues - please post here

IamGMan
Camera Crew
March 15th 2017.....Timers are not being recorded. Have to go in and check daily to see if guide has red dots next to scheduled programs, if not it will not record them. And 2 Ext hard drives are not rebooting up with the nightly updates. Have to manually unplug H3 and both EHD's from power outlet every morning. As I said, this is all AFTER the daily updates.

Search function not finding programming

BlueRidgePro
Camera Crew
I'm finding the 'search' function almost worthless. It will quite often not find programming that is clearly in the guide. I've tried multiple ways & keywords. Even entering the exact title from the guide will not find some programming.

Phone support was not helpful, finally suggesting that I accept a replacement Hopper. I'm willing to try that, but have a hard time believing that this is a hardware problem.

Is anyone else finding Hopper search problematic?

Re: Guide/Timers/Recordings/Search issues - please post here

I will merger any thread related to this into this one and have made this a sticky as well.

Starting Tuesday, 02/28/17, all model receivers have completed a transition to a new data source for programming content, including EPG descriptions and channel and programming information. During this transition, there have been some encounters of following known issues: missing recordings, timers not firing, recordings missing and Search not working properly.

This issue will be reviewed by our Technical Operations team; however, it can take up to 30 days for the Engineering team to review and establish a timeline for an expected fix date. Fix dates generally correspond with larger software updates, meaning that this particular problem may not be resolved for a few months.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Re: Guide/Timers/Recordings/Search issues - please post here

IamGMan
Camera Crew
Matt G wrote:
I will merger any thread related to this into this one and have made this a sticky as well.

Starting Tuesday, 02/28/17, all model receivers have completed a transition to a new data source for programming content, including EPG descriptions and channel and programming information. During this transition, there have been some encounters of following known issues: missing recordings, timers not firing, recordings missing and Search not working properly.

This issue will be reviewed by our Technical Operations team; however, it can take up to 30 days for the Engineering team to review and establish a timeline for an expected fix date. Fix dates generally correspond with larger software updates, meaning that this particular problem may not be resolved for a few months.

And what about the Ext Hard Drives still not being recognized even after the updates?

Re: Search function not finding programming

stile99
Cinematographer
BlueRidgePro wrote:
I'm finding the 'search' function almost worthless. It will quite often not find programming that is clearly in the guide. I've tried multiple ways & keywords. Even entering the exact title from the guide will not find some programming.

Phone support was not helpful, finally suggesting that I accept a replacement Hopper. I'm willing to try that, but have a hard time believing that this is a hardware problem.

I was going to point out that replacing the hardware won't fix broken software, and that there are other threads discussing this...but I see you already know this.

[url:2guus6le]https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20704[/url:2guus6le]

Re: Search function not finding programming

BlueRidgePro
Camera Crew
stile99 wrote:
BlueRidgePro wrote:

I was going to point out that replacing the hardware won't fix broken software, and that there are other threads discussing this...but I see you already know this.

[url:1ajjkh1b]https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20704[/url:1ajjkh1b]

Yes, I know that. However, one would think that the Dish support hotline would also know that. Replacing hardware is response to software issues must be costing Dish money....