Guide issues - please post here

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Guide issues - please post here

olds4422
Audio Engineer
Ever since the 8/302017 update the guide is even more screwy, Now "info" button when used on the mini guide or full guide, will random lag and take 10 to 15 sec to load the info window and some times the window is slowly populated or missing things like the "you may like section", and now when going threw the mini guide some times it takes the mini guide 5+ seconds to show that there is timer set of the programing runing on the channel currently listed in the mini guide and that providing it show that info that there is timer.

this issue is also effect other parts of GUI like schedule and timers, they both will randomly take way to long to populate.

None these issue where there before the 8/30/2017 update, i guess there possible HDD starting to have issues, but till i can prove it is the HDD i gone blame the update cause so far ever update that supposed to fix the guide issue seem to make things worse, the guide info since the change has slowly got better but has nothing to do with dish and there buggs

Wolfpacker
Character Actor
I have noticed since the new software came out that the program guide will only show me the next day instead of the next 7-10 days like it used to when I use the FF button.

Also the timer schedule won't go past today....used to be able to see 7-8 days of timer schedules.

PLEASE GET FIXED.

stile99
Cinematographer
Wolfpacker wrote:
I have noticed since the new software came out that the program guide will only show me the next day instead of the next 7-10 days like it used to when I use the FF button.

Also the timer schedule won't go past today....used to be able to see 7-8 days of timer schedules.

PLEASE GET FIXED.

I'm not seeing this, so I'm going to suggest you reboot.

Wolfpacker
Character Actor
stile99 wrote:
Wolfpacker wrote:

PLEASE GET FIXED.

I'm not seeing this, so I'm going to suggest you reboot.

I did, no change.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Working OK here too, only thing I can suggest is to unplug & wait 10 minutes, sometimes it will trigger guide to download when it starts up fresh again.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Unplug everything. All hoppers and Joeys. Plug in just the Hopper and wait for it to start up.

stile99
Cinematographer
I knew I should have continued, but as Peggy said, the next step of course is to spend some time in standby. Overnight would have been a good choice since you said there was only guide data til today. If you did not do this, then do the unplug, then when it comes back up 'turn it off' (this is standby) and don't touch anything for an hour.

Wolfpacker
Character Actor
I turned both hoppers off last night, as always and I have unplugged it for 10 minutes with no change in the program guide or timer schedule.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Did you unplug everything. All hoppers and Joey's?

Wolfpacker
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
Did you unplug everything. All hoppers and Joey's?

Yes Chad, I had both Hoppers (no Joeys on my system) unplugged for a few hours and it made no difference.

I assume that the timer schedule won't show past 45 hours due to the program guide not going out beyond 45 hours. The only thing I can come up with is that I am currently only using sat 61.5 as I couldn't get the portable dish tuned in to 72.7. This new interface has made aiming a dish without using a meter almost impossible. Thanks Dish !