Guide issues - please post here

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Description field - just get to the point!

DISH Employee
We will forward your feedback along.

stxisbest
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
You can scroll down by pressing the channel down button while in the EPG info page.

Maybe on a hopper or dvr box but standard boxes don't have this choice.

This is a known issue that some shows end with "..."

I am locking this thread as it has run its course
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Channel Guide descriptions - wrong and wordy

daleeh1506
Extra
Recently something has changed in the guide descriptions. They are frequently just plain wrong--i.e. wrong episode numbers, wrong description of the episode, wrong air dates, etc. Also, they are worded as if someone who is not a native English speaker has poorly translated them. They are also very redundant--i.e. listing the same thing 2 or 3 times which then causes the description to run out of room. Peoples' names are frequently truncated, spelled wrong, or simply incorrect. In wonder if Dish has outsourced to a new contractor?? Needs to be fixed ASAP!!

Guide changes are unacceptable

Jianna143
Character Actor
Besides the ridiculous show info, series are listed as N/A, some say new, some don't. They often don't include the correct episode name, number or date. My DVR isn't recording what it should half of the time. Also, timers I currently have, aren't picking up new episodes because of these changes. I've attempted to delete the timers and make new ones, but that doesn't help.

Often the synopsis says things that doesn't describe the show at all. They use up precious space by repeating the actors names or descriptions of the type of show it is. I have to babysit my Daily Schedule several times a day to make sure it's going to record everything I want it to. Even so, I still end up missing shows.

I called and explained the issue. The guy kept insisting my guide just needed updating. It's updated. This is not a technical problem. In fact, it's not really a Dish problem. It's the fault of the company that writes the guide. It is now Dish' responsibility to get it fixed though.

This is a huge part of what I pay over $100/mo for. It needs to be remedied.

Re: Guide changes are unacceptable

DISH Employee
Jianna143 wrote:
Besides the ridiculous show info, series are listed as N/A, some say new, some don't. They often don't include the correct episode name, number or date. My DVR isn't recording what it should half of the time. Also, timers I currently have, aren't picking up new episodes because of these changes. I've attempted to delete the timers and make new ones, but that doesn't help.

Often the synopsis says things that doesn't describe the show at all. They use up precious space by repeating the actors names or descriptions of the type of show it is. I have to babysit my Daily Schedule several times a day to make sure it's going to record everything I want it to. Even so, I still end up missing shows.

I called and explained the issue. The guy kept insisting my guide just needed updating. It's updated. This is not a technical problem. In fact, it's not really a Dish problem. It's the fault of the company that writes the guide. It is now Dish' responsibility to get it fixed though.

This is a huge part of what I pay over $100/mo for. It needs to be remedied.

Our Technical Operations team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on a resolution. Can you please send me a PM with your phone number and PIN so that I can submit additional feedback?

bbells
Extra
I agree with the above posts. All I see is fluff and nothing about what the movie is about. No button on the remote expands the info. The new descriptions are worthless. I already called dish a week ago and left the info.

please fix program descriptions

gizngoly
Extra
please go back to the old program descriptions. i don't need an essay that i can only see the first 3 lines of. i just want to know what the show is about. i don't need the actors names repeated. these descriptions are way too long and you can't read the whole thing, so you don't get much more info than what's already in the title and the actors names. as others have posted GET TO THE POINT. just change it back to how it was. the old descriptions were great

Re: Dish timers stopped recording the shows

Luna7pa
Character Actor
I have yet to get an answer. It happened again with Big Bang Theory... i have two timers in there from above try at solving and neither are showing up coming shows to record! Although there is a new episode coming up! Just noticed it hasn't been recording "Fixer Upper" either! We can't monitor our recordings everyday! Sure defeats the purpose! Anybone get an answer?

Re: Dish timers stopped recording the shows

DISH Employee
Is it just happening with that specific timer? Do you have other timers with no issues?