Guide issues - please post here

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Guide issues - please post here

mmcl26554
Camera Crew
I have had Dish for 19 years and the EPG (electronic program guide) has nearly always been accurate and the timers worked well until during the last few months. They also used to have real technical support, but now if a reboot (which most of us have already done) doesn't fix it then the say "I'll make a report" to who I don't know if there really is someone to report to. Or, they say I'll make a note of it on your account! Well who reads those reports? Probably no one! Where is Dish headed on this?

shspvr
Camera Crew
Even if they where under contract they all ready in breach of that contract.
And if you have been paying attn to the first quarter earnings that indicate dish has lost all ready loss 143,000 pay TV subscribers during the 1st quarter of 2017 when compared that loss to just last years 23,000 that mind blowing.
Even Rovi guide update on TiVo are still having problem from what I have read here and then and I know people that have Cable ONE services which are TiVo box just google "tivo rovi guide problems".

PumaMan
Costume Designer
Someone said: "Get used it, it's not changing." (Concerning the awful event descriptions.)

===============================================

Well, if we all have that attitude, then it won't ever get changed. That attitude allows corporations (and government) to walk all over people. Thank goodness there are those that don't "get used to it" and stand up and say "No! That's not right. That's not what I want to pay for."

stile99
Cinematographer
PumaMan wrote:
Someone said: "Get used it, it's not changing." (Concerning the awful event descriptions.)

Well, if we all have that attitude, then it won't ever get changed. That attitude allows corporations (and government) to walk all over people. Thank goodness there are those that don't "get used to it" and stand up and say "No! That's not right. That's not what I want to pay for."

Yeah, there's always "that guy". I knew full well when I posted it someone would say this. The fact of the matter is, Dish Has a contract with Rovi, and isn't going to break it no matter how many people come in here and post "THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!" in all caps, sometimes in large font, sometimes in red letters, sometimes all three. I'll say it again, and you can accept it or not with absolutely no effect on the situation whatsoever, the data won't change until the supplier does. Someone else in this thread already said what to google for if you want details.

Please, scream at Dish all you want. Rovi doesn't care about you, your opinion of their business practices (seriously, did you google them yet? They used to be Macrovision!), and is absolutely not listening.

EDIT: affect/effect. Don't post before coffee.

shspvr
Camera Crew
stile99 wrote:
PumaMan wrote:

Yeah, there's always "that guy". I knew full well when I posted it someone would say this. The fact of the matter is, Dish Has a contract with Rovi, and isn't going to break it no matter how many people come in here and post "THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!" in all caps, sometimes in large font, sometimes in red letters, sometimes all three. I'll say it again, and you can accept it or not with absolutely no effect on the situation whatsoever, the data won't change until the supplier does. Someone else in this thread already said what to google for if you want details.

Please, scream at Dish all you want. Rovi doesn't care about you, your opinion of their business practices (seriously, did you google them yet? They used to be Macrovision!), and is absolutely not listening.

EDIT: affect/effect. Don't post before coffee.

That where your wrong if Dish keep up with losing customers as this add more fuel to the fire at this rate they will have no choice in matter.
Yes I'm sure that min people here know that Macrovision change it name to Rovi.

PumaMan
Costume Designer
stile99 wrote:

Yeah, there's always "that guy".

I'm proud to be "that guy". It has served me well my whole life. Thank you.

When a group of "those guys" (like me) get together, changes can be made, here and elsewhere in life. But with a whole bunch of people like you (I'll call them the "get used to it" guys), company shills, and company apologists, nothing gets done, and corporations then do whatever they please.

Complaining about bad decisions made by corporations may seem useless to the "get used to it" crowd, and we may not win this battle here -- can't win them all. But it is sort of like yelling at the umpire after he makes a bad decision - it rarely (if ever) affects the current decision, but the ump may remember the next time and make a better decision.

Remaining silent in the face of poor corporate decisions is just what the corporation wants -- compliant customers who will accept anything.

bobknob
Costume Designer
stile99 wrote:

Yeah, there's always "that guy".

This is a laughable attitude and one that is EXACTLY shown by dish itself. Who cares about Rovi? Just because dish has a contract with them doesn't mean that this argument is being directed at Rovi or null and void.

A few items here. 1). IF dish had done their homework (research and development) and thoroughly looked at the content provided by Rovi and investigated how it would work in the dish implementation THEN they would have seen that it would not work. 2). IF dish has fully engineered (Development) and tested (QA) the new solution prior to releasing to the public THEN they would have know that this would be a mistake. 3). IF dish would have really fixed the issue on 5/17 as reported on these forums, THEN customers would be happy.

The engineering department at dish is an utter mess. It is amazing to me that there isn't new leadership.....oh wait, it doesn't amaze me....NO ONE CARES!!!!

Synopsis of programs useless

Libshoppe
Extra
The synopses of programs on My Menu is useless. All space is used to REITERATE the list of stars, mention a director and brag how good the movie is. There is NO PLOT INFO. It is useless in selecting something to watch.

zoomie22
Extra
I am a big racing fan!! I had saved dvr searches for the various racing series that I follow. I noticed that some races were not being recorded. It appears that most of the racing is now showing in the guide as Auto Racing. I reset some of my searches, but they still are not being recorded!! Most times when I search for Auto Racing nothing comes up!! I am missing races and it is making me very angry!! For what I am paying DISH each month, this IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

New Program Update

The new program update is a joke! The system take so long to access any channels, guides or even your account. I am hoping that the the Beta Test team actually tested this out prior before rolling it out to the general public because if they did then they did not do it long enough and find any flaws in the programming and back of house applications. This needs to get fixed now because if not, I may be forced to go somewhere else for my TV provider.