Guide issues - please post here

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luna7pa
Character Actor
This has happed on both our receivers (612 and 722)since ummm, summer 2016. We have missed shows. Timers are set and they no longer record. New timer was set and it records. However, a new twist Big Bang Theory from 2/9/17 had timmer set. It did not show a timer on it in the guide. I set a new timer and that timer worked. I just looked at it for next week and the second timer and the original timer both are not showing it coming up to record. So I set another new timer. I had to delete the other two for space reasons... so what is the point of timers if they are not recording and if you don't catch it you don't know. We lost seeing the show Suits earlier. And some other shows (i forget the others) When I contacted support I did not get an answer to the problem. Receivers were unplugged and restarted. I feel it is not a receiver issue. I have seen some post with same issues. Who knows what all we have missed! Anyone get a solution? Answer?
255 Replies

Re: Dish timers stopped recording the shows

ryancwill
Camera Crew
I am having similar issue with several series timers, including The Big Bang Theory.

At end of January or early February, I noticed my series recording for Big Bang Theory (as well as a couple shows on FOX News Channel) were not scheduled to record the upcoming episodes of the shows. One of the series was set to record new episodes only (which the upcoming show not scheduled was a new episode) and the others were set to record new and repeats (the included The Big Bang Theory). I caught this prior to the shows airing. I was able to set a new timer for the series, which I setup identical to the original timers (wen viewing timers, the only difference in them is the date created). These new timers showed that they would record the upcoming new shows and repeats correctly according to how the timer was setup.

I kept both in my timer list and have been keeping an eye on them a few times a week. The Big Bang Theory timer was particularly interesting. For the next couple weeks after creating, the newly created ("new") timer picked up all the new episodes of Big Bang Theory, but no old repeats. The previously created ("old") timer picked up the times when a repeat was being shown, but no new episodes. This is despite the fact that both timers were setup as identical. This happened for several weeks, but now has seemed to change again. Now the "new" timer is scheduled to record anything and the "old" timer is now set to record an upcoming repeat as well as an upcoming new episode.

Another show that I now have two identical timers (expect creation date), has the "new" timer only scheduling recordings and the "old" timer is never scheduling anything.

I am distressed by this chaotic behavior and find myself doubling checking all my timers against the program guide a few times a week to ensure all my desired programming is recorded. Since the function of at least some of the new timers does not seem consistent, I have little to no confidence that my shows will be recorded. I am especially concerned with series that I have timers set to record that are not currently airing. I rely on my timers to record the program once the new seasons start.

As I stated before, end of January or early February was when I noticed a change in several series. Was some kind of change made in the guide or data provider of guide information at or around this time?

If you have any information or suggestions, please let me know. I am tired of babysitting these every week.

ryancwill
Camera Crew
I forgot to mention, that I am using a Hopper receiver (original hopper model with no sling included). I suspect a change in guide info is at fault due to other post having similar issue with a different receiver. (In fact 2 different ones!)

JSracer
Audio Engineer
ryancwill wrote:
I forgot to mention, that I am using a Hopper receiver (original hopper model with no sling included). [b:14expsbo][i:14expsbo] I suspect a change in guide info is at fault due to other post having similar issue with a different receiver.[/i:14expsbo][/b:14expsbo] (In fact 2 different ones!)

i have seen this on a few shows also, i would agree its a guide issue,
tmz changed names for the 630 show, sports may or may not have the same information detail, if it doesn't, then no way to record a series timer, some shows have no episode number so they record regardless,

EARTHY666
Extra
Please fix the new program descriptions - don't need editorializing just get to the point..........

Re: Description field - just get to the point!

DISH Employee
To get this fully reported for you can you provide me the following in a PM?

DISH Receiver model -
Receiver Software Version -
Phone number to add the report on your behalf -

BillK
Audio Engineer
Mike H. wrote:
To get this fully reported for you can you provide me the following in a PM?

DISH Receiver model -
Receiver Software Version -
Phone number to add the report on your behalf -

On my U343 Hopper 3, I get lots of descriptions of the form "In this spectacularly entertaining return to form for Director John Smith, you follow adventurer John…" or "In this compelling historical drama, beautiful costumes and excellent dialogue combine to…"

Gee, thanks.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You can scroll down by pressing the channel down button while in the EPG info page.

Karan
Camera Crew
Chadt4141 wrote:
You can scroll down by pressing the channel down button while in the EPG info page.

I don't like the the description field that you enter. Can you just go back to gracenote instead of Rovicorp PLEASE ITS NOT HARD

"Edited for language"

Karan
Camera Crew
Chadt4141 wrote:

just make your customers happy thank you

"Edited for language"