Guide issues - please post here

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Guide issues - please post here

kyleakers
Extra
I just had to replace my VIP722k DVR. I followed the instructions, went through set-up and it is working fine. Except that prior to the replacement at the bottom of the Guide, under channel 5 (our last channel) was the long list of Ch 1 VOD offerings. Now in that place is a long list of 9XXX channels and I can't find the VOD list, other than going to the previews at 500. What happened and how can I return to the [i:2okll7ha]status quo ante?[/i:2okll7ha]

DISH Employee
Are the VOD channels the only channels that are missing from the guide?

crodrules
Costume Designer
After a receiver replacement, it takes several days for all of the VOD events to return. This is normal. Just leave your receiver in standby overnight each night, and they should download and appear in the guide again after that.

crodrules
Costume Designer
There is a new problem with guide data, affecting the mapping of the satellite-delivered guide data for OTA stations that have been repacked, and now share the same frequency as another local station. This problem is only going to get worse as the repack continues, so Dish should really try to get ahead of this, and have a department dedicated to fixing the problems with OTA guide data. See the links in this post for details on OTA guide data issues affecting my market, Cleveland, Ohio:
https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/4185362/

ZZV43701
Camera Crew
Now the Guide provider is just flat out wrong.

As of 1/26 it changed the name of Gold Rush" to "The Gold Rush" and Episode 1.

According to Discovery channel - it's still the same.

Is there a link to this crappy company to complain as obviously DISH will and has done nothing.

- TiVo owners were hit as well -

Anyone know who does Spectrum or Direct?

stile99
Cinematographer
ZZV43701 wrote:
Now the Guide provider is just flat out wrong.

As of 1/26 it changed the name of Gold Rush" to "The Gold Rush" and Episode 1.

According to Discovery channel - it's still the same.

Is there a link to this crappy company to complain as obviously DISH will and has done nothing.

- TiVo owners were hit as well -

Anyone know who does Spectrum or Direct?

Rovi basically has the market locked up.

crodrules
Costume Designer
On the guide for Disney XD, channel 174, Sunday 2/4 at 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM, it is listing Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warr. episodes from 2015. The commercial during last week's episode of Marvel's Spider-Man said that there is supposed to be a new episode of Marvel's Spider-Man on Sunday at 8:00 AM, and my timer for new episodes of Marvel's Spider-Man is not recognizing that, because of the wrong guide information.
Highlighted

mmcl26554
Camera Crew
You can tell it to record it anyway and if it doesn't change it will record it. To be absolutely sure set a manual timer and that will get it no matter what happens. In the end the guide may update anywhere from one day to one hour before it airs. There must be some BIG darn savings for Dish to be putting up with this defective service.

crodrules
Costume Designer
mmcl26554 wrote:
You can tell it to record it anyway and if it doesn't change it will record it. To be absolutely sure set a manual timer and that will get it no matter what happens. In the end the guide may update anywhere from one day to one hour before it airs. There must be some BIG darn savings for Dish to be putting up with this defective service.

It is not that big of a deal, since I can use VOD to get caught up, if my timer misses the recording. I just thought that if I posted here, there might be a better chance that the guide would get fixed in time.

crodrules
Costume Designer

"On the guide for Disney XD, channel 174, Sunday 2/4 at 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM, it is listing Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warr. episodes from 2015. The commercial during last week's episode of Marvel's Spider-Man said that there is supposed to be a new episode of Marvel's Spider-Man on Sunday at 8:00 AM, and my timer for new episodes of Marvel's Spider-Man is not recognizing that, because of the wrong guide information."

I just chaecked the guide again.  The listing for Sunday 2/4 at 8:30 AM has been corrected, and now shows Marvel's Spider-Man episode Spider-Island Part Two.  The listing for 8:00 AM (which should be Marvel's Spider-Man episode Spider-Island Part One) still shows an old episode of Ultimate Spider-Man:  Web Warr.