Guide issues - please post here

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Guide issues - please post here

theformula
Extra
Why can DISH not properly program their guide. For example, I have Gold Rush on Discovery set to record new episodes. Tonight the DVR skipped the new episode because it is "not a new episode". No idea why. It may be because, as is often the case, DISH can not properly assign episode numbers to the correct show titles. DISH labeled last weeks episode as #9 when in fact it was #8 and tonight's episode was #9. This is not an isolated issue. This happens on a regular basis. Now I have to wait a week to see the episode I waited all week for and DISH skipped the recording, tonight. This is just plain incompetence. I never thought I would say this...but I think its time to go back to Comcast!

mmcl26554
Camera Crew
Every thing has a learning curve and it will take some time to figure out all the features and learn to use them. It is difficult to give you advice as you did not specify which receiver you have. My best suggestion is to call dish, if you get someone who is "off-shore" ask to be transferred to someone in the US and then ask for guidance. You will learn what you need to do. If you have the Hopper, it has a lot of features.
Good luck!

peggyrh
Associate Producer
[i:2o66psk6]EdDeb[/i:2o66psk6], you can't "just go back" to your previous company as you are in a 2 yr contract & it will cost you to pay the early termination fee. Try spending some time learning how to use your new dvr and receiver, in my experience (neighbors have Spectrum) the Dish Hopper is years ahead of how their receivers work. Plenty of info online with pictures showing you how it to use it and what the buttons on the remote do.

[i:2o66psk6]theformula[/i:2o66psk6]- Dish has nothing to do with the guide info or how programs are listed. It's provided by a totally different company, they're the ones at fault and there have been complaints ever since last year when it switched. It's better now but still not as accurate as what we had before.

EdDeb
Character Actor
peggyrh wrote:
[i:lfhc49ju]EdDeb[/i:lfhc49ju], you can't "just go back" to your previous company as you are in a 2 yr contract & it will cost you to pay the early termination fee. Try spending some time learning how to use your new dvr and receiver, in my experience (neighbors have Spectrum) the Dish Hopper is years ahead of how their receivers work. Plenty of info online with pictures showing you how it to use it and what the buttons on the remote do.

[i:lfhc49ju]theformula[/i:lfhc49ju]- Dish has nothing to do with the guide info or how programs are listed. It's provided by a totally different company, they're the ones at fault and there have been complaints ever since last year when it switched. It's better now but still not as accurate as what we had before.

Well Spectrum HAS a program going that they WILL buy out up to $500 ANY other company's Contract. I'm 61 and NOT computer illiterate, I'm pretty tech savvy, Dish's setup/lineup whatever you want to call it SUCKS!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Guessing they require you to send a final bill within a certain time frame? One that they know will not be accomplished, so the buyout never happens.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Think they also require you to carry more than just TV to get the "buyout".
Highlighted

mmcl26554
Camera Crew
EdDeb,
I kind of wonder why you switched to Dish in the first place, it must have been you were not happy with the service you had. No mater what service you switched to you will have to learn how to operate the new equipment that's just a fact of life. Being computer literate really doesn't have much to do with learning how to operate the new Dish receiver. Yes the Hopper has a lot of options and can seem overwhelming but you don't have to learn them all at one time, just those things to get to watch what you want. Then you can learn other functions as you go. There is a lot of help available and if you stick to it I think in a short time you will be happy. I'm 76 and have been with Dish for 20 years and I am not necessarily an expert with the Hopper but learn something new frequently, we old dogs can learn new tricks, it just might take us a little longr. Remember EdDeb, the most important skill to operate a computer is typing, beyond that it is just a matter of entering what you want to do.
Good luck, keep at it!
Michael

EdDeb
Character Actor
mmcl26554 wrote:
EdDeb,
I kind of wonder why you switched to Dish in the first place, it must have been you were not happy with the service you had. Remember EdDeb, the most important skill to operate a computer is typing, beyond that it is just a matter of entering what you want to do.
Good luck, keep at it!
Michael

We left ONLY because the Cable/Internet/Landline was costing us over $170 a month...Also There's more to operating a computer than just typing.

We'll keep it for at least 2 years, maybe.
Thank you!

crodrules
Costume Designer
EdDeb wrote:
mmcl26554 wrote:
EdDeb,
I kind of wonder why you switched to Dish in the first place, it must have been you were not happy with the service you had. Remember EdDeb, the most important skill to operate a computer is typing, beyond that it is just a matter of entering what you want to do.
Good luck, keep at it!
Michael

We left ONLY because the Cable/Internet/Landline was costing us over $170 a month...Also There's more to operating a computer than just typing.

Yep, being able to use a mouse also helps. ;)

EdDeb
Character Actor
I mean I can fix them/repair them etc