Re: Guide issues - please post here

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I think we just found the problem.
Highlighted

Wolfpacker
Character Actor
Not sure how that would cause the problem, but I moved today and was able to get both sats on the dish and the program guide and timer schedule are back to normal. What does sat 72.7 have to do with the guide ? I think the only thing in my package left on sat 72.7 is channel 99, SiriusXM Music. Go figure.

Wolfpacker wrote:
Not sure how that would cause the problem, but I moved today and was able to get both sats on the dish and the program guide and timer schedule are back to normal. What does sat 72.7 have to do with the guide ? I think the only thing in my package left on sat 72.7 is channel 99, SiriusXM Music. Go figure.

72.7 actually has a lot of channels on it. We are glad that this is working properly for you

Edit: Not sure, but 72.7 may have the extended guide info on it where 61.5 only has the (up to) 48 hours EPG
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

fnorenberg
Extra
Why is the program guide wrong/inaccurate so often. It appears not just last minute changes by the networks, but just plain sloppy attention to detail. 😢

olds4422
Audio Engineer
Guide still has issue

Example

"What on Earth" timers worked and triggered recordings but for season 4 e1 of "What on Earth?" a new timer was need to be made cause it wasnt gona record something with the same exact name on the same exact channel the follow weeks epsiodes s4 e2 isnt gona record with that timer and requires yet ANOTHER timer cause programing info for it is inaccurate or missing. 7+ months been happening.

there are still quite alot of show that show the station logo as it thumbnail instead of the actual show thumbnail. 7+ months been happening.

IF show is currently playing the guide will show that there is no timer set for it EVEN if the show directly after current show is same show does show a timer, and people that dont pay attention to this just keep make allow multiple instance of timer resulting in duplicate records I found 5 duplicate timers for one show from same person that was recording the same show on 5 different tuners this been happening for 3 months now.

[b:2bh20qd4][i:2bh20qd4]removed - refrain from swearing and keep language family friendly. -Matt G.[/i:2bh20qd4][/b:2bh20qd4]

thebings
Extra
I am trying to record "Young Sheldon" on CBS Nov 2nd at 7:30 central. When I go to the guide for this show, it says "to be announced". I have rebooted, contacted tech support, hard reboot, program guide download, but still get the same thing. Any help on this?

mmcl26554
Camera Crew
That is part of the problems with the EPG (electronic program guide) since they switched companies. I checked my EPG and it is now there is yours ok? You can always set a manual timer for that time slot. The only problem if the manual timer starts one minute early the icon will show that show instead of the one you want to record. I will record that time slot ok just the icon in your recordings will be wrong.

redlite
Audio Engineer
What's coming on on EPIX? Channels 380-382. No one knows. Most of the time it says EPIX Programming. I know that there is an outside company doing the guide but REALLY??

BillK
Audio Engineer
The guide far too often lists TCM programming as "Turner Classic Movies."

This is more than ironic, as this isn't programming that's been changed but rather movies that have been listed on their program guide for the better part of a month.

EdDeb
Character Actor
I just change to dish from Spectrum a couple of days ago and I am soooooo aggravated and sooooooo disappointed with dish and it's Guide format it's Remote control.
I can't view my channels and search on/in my Guide to see my upcoming shows, I saved some of my Favs in a list BUT the Flex Pack I have just bunches the whole lot of channels into my Favs, when I click on the Flex Pack in my Guide lineup and takes me to a screen with a visual list with little boxes with small fonts of the names of Network!! At this point I have to punch in the numbers to get to those stations, upon getting to one of the channels I choose to watch, I can't just simply use my Channel Up or Down arrow to go to the next station Up or Down, Nooooooo, it takes me back to the Guide!!! Dish NEEDS to do something about their Guide.

I'm about ready to Cancel dish and go BACK to Spectrum after just a few days with dish!!