Guide issues - please post here

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Guide issues - please post here

Community Manager
Community Manager
Merged threads as these issues are one in the same.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Neither is lying. The process is the reports that are filed do all go back to the techops team. If they can recreate it, or if it is widely reported(not just here but a substantial number of the 13 million customers, then it is added to a list, which is a known issues list. If it cannot be recreated, it does not go on the list that everyone sees, but the reports still go back. Also, there is another internal forum that the agents have that get answers to posts similar to these. Those are accessible by employees only.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
JSracer wrote:
today, 3/25 392 at 9:55am cst, motorcycle racing, if you go into episodes it only shows 1 airing. this is moto gp qualifying. tomorrow, 3/26 955am cst, 392, motorcycle racing, this is the moto gp race.
i have a seek timer for motorcycle racing, it did not see these 2 events,
tonight, 6pm cst 150 monster energy supercross, look under episodes, only lists the 1. go to next saturday, 150 7pm cst, hey, it's more monster energy supercross.

these are a few examples of what i fight, not including shows i'm sure that never record, because i don't check all the possible channels for shows i may want to watch that i have timers for.

Hopper 3 here

Another weekend, more motorcycle racing not triggering.
Bein has 2 or 3 races Saturday and Sunday morning. Super cross sat night.
Same guide issue. Each one is different, none picked up buy a seek for motorcycle racing.

bobknob
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Neither is lying. The process is the reports that are filed do all go back to the techops team. If they can recreate it, or if it is widely reported(not just here but a substantial number of the 13 million customers, then it is added to a list, which is a known issues list. If it cannot be recreated, it does not go on the list that everyone sees, but the reports still go back. Also, there is another internal forum that the agents have that get answers to posts similar to these. Those are accessible by employees only.

Again, this makes ZERO sense. This is a KNOWN issue....dish KNOWS that it is a problem and have said so on this very thread. They admitted that this was not completed before they released it to the public; again, said on this thread.

There is no reason for them to recreate it as it is KNOWN.

Also, I am fairly certain that the guide is a requirement for ANY DVR to function properly. Any customer that has a DVR will be affected. This may not be the 13 million customers, but EVERYONE that has a DVR will be affected. I am not sure why a poll is needed to get this resolved. How about 8 pages of people complaining on this forum?
Highlighted

raayat
Camera Crew
This is happening AGAIN!!!!!!
ONLY Expanse and Magicians on Sci-Fi channel.
What the hell is going on?
FIX IT!!!!!!!!

PumaMan
Costume Designer
The overly-wordy new program descriptions are almost useless. There is so much fluff speech telling me nothing that just when it starts to describe the plot, it ends with "..." Completely useless and reads like it was written by an over-zealous 7th grader.

PumaMan
Costume Designer
The program descriptions are so bad, with long wordy intros like "Wonderfully exciting and thrilling action comedy . . ." that I have to go over to my computer and look up the movie description on IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes. The old descriptions were sometimes not good but they were 1000% better than these new descriptions. After 18 years with Dish Network, my wife and I are deciding whether to stick it out with Dish or move to Direct TV, and mainly over this issue. Pathetic, really.

bobknob
Costume Designer
KatyC wrote:
I do understand your frustration. This is a known issue. Our Tech Ops team will prioritize fixes based on the feedback they receive. In order to provide the best possible customer experience, feedback is absolutely necessary. May I please get your account/phone and 4 digit PIN to relay your feedback?

KatyC, I am not sure why this should be prioritized above anything else. Why does a poll need to be taken in order to get proper Guides? Why does a poll need to be taken for the DVR to function properly? Why does a poll need to be taken to ensure that your customers feel as little pain as possible when using your products?

What happens if no one responds to you and does not provide their account number and 4-digit PIN? Will this simply keep going on and on and on?

Why didn't dish complete the integration of the new guides PRIOR to releasing it to the public?

trashcan26
Extra
Guide info on programming has become useless.
No specific details about many programs, only general description of the series.
It didn't used to be like this. I have to record episodes of shows I don't want just to find out what it's about. We are paying for a service that DISH is not providing.

PumaMan
Costume Designer
Here is one of my favorite moronic synopses. This is from a movie called "Wonderland":

[quoteSmiley Tongue9h2veru]
"Val Kilmer, who dazzled as Jim Morrison in 'The Doors' and Doc Holliday in 'Tombstone', adds another outstanding real-life characterization to his ..."
[/quoteSmiley Tongue9h2veru]

That's it. There is not one word --[bSmiley Tongue9h2veru][uSmiley Tongue9h2veru] NOT ONE WORD[/uSmiley Tongue9h2veru][/bSmiley Tongue9h2veru] -- that describes this movie. This is ridiculous. I had to look up this movie in IMDB on the net.

Dish Network, what is the matter with you???!!!