Guide issues - please post here

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Guide/Timers/Recordings/Search issues - please post here

IamGMan wrote:
And what about the Ext Hard Drives still not being recognized even after the updates?

This is also still listed as a known issue. Please send me a PM with yuor phone number and PIN so I can assist you further
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Re: Search function not finding programming

stile99
Cinematographer
BlueRidgePro wrote:
Replacing hardware is response to software issues must be costing Dish money....

It is phone support's solution to everything. If unplugging it and then plugging it back in didn't work, then it must need replacing. If a word is spelled incorrectly in a menu, then it must need replacing. If you stubbed your toe this morning, replace the Hopper.

Unfortunately, it really doesn't cost as much as you'd think considering the replaced hardware is 'refurbished' and sent right back to the field. When your Hopper is replaced instead of doing any actual troubleshooting, it's replaced with Jerry's Hopper from last week. Jerry's replacement came from Susan the week before.

Re: Search function not finding programming

BlueRidgePro
Camera Crew
stile99 wrote:
BlueRidgePro wrote:
Replacing hardware is response to software issues must be costing Dish money....

It is phone support's solution to everything. If unplugging it and then plugging it back in didn't work, then it must need replacing. If a word is spelled incorrectly in a menu, then it must need replacing. If you stubbed your toe this morning, replace the Hopper.

Unfortunately, it really doesn't cost as much as you'd think considering the replaced hardware is 'refurbished' and sent right back to the field. When your Hopper is replaced instead of doing any actual troubleshooting, it's replaced with Jerry's Hopper from last week. Jerry's replacement came from Susan the week before.

Plus 2 additional benefits:

- The call gets logged as 'resolved', helping the call center metrics
- The customer learns not to call again, after wasting the time installing the replacement, losing all recordings, and finding that the problem still exists...

Hopper 3 Timers for Sports destroyed in new guide update

FATkermit
Extra
I'm not sure what happened in the latest guide updates but I use DISH primarily to record a ton of soccer matches and since February the Hopper 3 has been garbage not being able to record series for most Soccer leagues. I have noticed the same leagues (Serie A, La Liga, Champions League) that can't do series record all of the sudden also don't come up in the search properly either. Is there a way to force a seek timer for a certain phrase and not have it be exact? for Example "La Liga" comes up in the search but now the Guide lists it as "La Liga Soccer" on BeInSport so if i pick the La Liga as the seek it doesn't see any games to schedule. Long story short i have to manually set up every game now like in the old days when DVR's couldn't recognize league games as a series for a timer. I have had the DVR since January and had no issues in January or start of February so it must have been an update since then. Shows as U345 in diagnostics. Any help would be awesome guys. I just want to come home at night and have a SOCCER folder full of games!

Re: Hopper 3 Timers for Sports destroyed in new guide update

DISH Employee
Starting on a Tuesday, 02/28/17, all model receivers have completed a transition to a new data source for programming content, including EPG descriptions and channel and programming information. During this transition, there have been some encounters of following known issues: missing recordings, timers not firing, or duplicate recordings.

This issue will be reviewed by our Technical Operations team; however, it can take up to 30 days for the Engineering team to review and establish a timeline for an expected fix date. Fix dates generally correspond with larger software updates, meaning that this particular problem may not be resolved for a few months.

I will need to provide your feedback to our Technical Operations team that will flag your account on having this issue. Please Private Message your account/phone and 4 digit PIN.

You can try to delete these timers and set up again, to see if this helps.

Channels 1 & 501 Missing From Guide

thewamp
Extra
In order to redeem a certificate for an On Demand movie, instructions tell me that I need to, a. Enter the Order ID for the movie you would like to view, b. Under Payment Form, select "Use Certificate", c. Enter the certificate #, d. Select "Order".

I am not able to get the Order ID for the movie because the Program Guide for my VIP722k receiver does not include channel 501 or 1, which is needed in order to get that Order ID.

I spent a considerable amount of time with technical support, 2 different agents, on 3/20/2017, that tried to help
me resolve this issue. The first agent told me that I could find the Order ID by using Dish Anywhere. I tried to use the CFF82 code that followed the description of the movie "Moana". This was not accepted as an Order ID.

The second agent told me that a valid Order ID consists of 5 numbers. He used Channel 501 on his receiver to determine that the correct Order ID for "Moana" was 88528. This Order ID was accepted and I was able to redeem the certificate. I asked the agent to open a ticket to get the 501 channel added to my programming guide so that I can find the Order ID myself, in the future, without the need to contact Dish Support.

I am able to use the DVR button on the Remote to search for an On Demand movie, look at its Description and Rent it. SUGGESTION: The Order ID could be added to this Description Window to resolve the issue of Channel 501 being not available for finding the Order ID.

[b:2i8ftk22]03/26/2017 Update:[/b:2i8ftk22] Dish is sending me a replacement VIP722k receiver to see if this resolves the issue of Channels 1 and 501 not showing on the guide.

[b:2i8ftk22]04/01/2017 Update:[/b:2i8ftk22] The replacement VIP722k did not resolve the issue.

[b:2i8ftk22]04/06/2017 Update:[/b:2i8ftk22] Channels 1 VOD and 501 VOD are now appearing on my guide for the 3 default Favorite Lists. When I press the 'INFO' button on the remote, I see the 'Order ID' for the Video. At the time of this update, only One Video is available for all available time slots that can be displayed on the guide.
Highlighted

Re: Guide issues - please post here

shabadoo25
Camera Crew
My apologies if this is the wrong thread, but it seems to be one of the most active.

I am new to Dish coming from their main satellite competition. When I subscribed to the regional sports nets there, I could watch all the spring training baseball games on them for any teams. FYI, I am in Orlando, FL and the only blacked out team during the regular season for me is the Rays.

As a new Dish subscriber, I'm noticing ALL the spring training games on ALL the RSNs are blacked out. Every one of them.

Does Dish have different carriage agreements than the other big player or is this some kind of error in guide data?

DISH Employee
shabadoo25 wrote:
My apologies if this is the wrong thread, but it seems to be one of the most active.

I am new to Dish coming from their main satellite competition. When I subscribed to the regional sports nets there, I could watch all the spring training baseball games on them for any teams. FYI, I am in Orlando, FL and the only blacked out team during the regular season for me is the Rays.

As a new Dish subscriber, I'm noticing ALL the spring training games on ALL the RSNs are blacked out. Every one of them.

Does Dish have different carriage agreements than the other big player or is this some kind of error in guide data?

Using our Game Finder tool (https://www.mydish.com/gamefinder) and entering your region, it shows that there are games that are not blackout in your area. Please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN to better assist.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
today, 3/25 392 at 9:55am cst, motorcycle racing, if you go into episodes it only shows 1 airing. this is moto gp qualifying. tomorrow, 3/26 955am cst, 392, motorcycle racing, this is the moto gp race.
i have a seek timer for motorcycle racing, it did not see these 2 events,
tonight, 6pm cst 150 monster energy supercross, look under episodes, only lists the 1. go to next saturday, 150 7pm cst, hey, it's more monster energy supercross.

these are a few examples of what i fight, not including shows i'm sure that never record, because i don't check all the possible channels for shows i may want to watch that i have timers for.

Hopper 3 here

Missing or wrong Icons

wdavis9
Character Actor
The wrong icons are showing up on my dvr recordings, my guide and my timers. This has caused some timers not to record. I have unplugged the receiver overnight trying to get the guide to correct itself but it did not. Is there a fix for this?