Give me channels and decent customer service!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Give me channels and decent customer service!

LadenaBough
Character Actor
This is the lousiest excuse for a television service provider that I have ever had the misfortune of having to deal with!  Each and every time I call they give me a different line of bull!  I switched, after 25+ years of service with Directv, so that I could get some decent customer service, but each time I call everyone says something different with regard to my HBO/Cinemax and the status of negotiations.  Then they have the audacity to tell me to go to dishpromise where there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING telling me about the status of negotiations.  As a matter of fact, that particular page has NOT been updated since December 18, 2018, and it is now Valentine's Day 2019.  Your last three individuals were too rude to tolerate!  If you don't get my programming back, or give me every movie on Channel 1 WITHOUT CHARGE until such time as you return my programming, I will be joining my neighbors in filing a class action lawsuit against DISH for not honoring the contract I signed and providing me with the channels I ordered when I signed up.  THIS IS THE POOREST EXCUSE OF A SERVICE PROVIDER I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF DEALING WITH!  If you can't tell me where you are in the negotiations.  If you can't give me a date to return my channels.  If you can't provide me with adequate information, then I will sue to get out of my contract and hopefully my neighbors and I will get you shut down completely!  This is ridiculous!

Not everyone has the internet service to go and purchase HBO Now or other services!  I live on a farm with no options for DSL or adequate wifi reception to even purchase or rent anything you have on your On Demand channels!  A two hour movie turns into an incomprehensible four or five hours of watching my television buffer!  

I want an adequate response on what is going on, a date when my services with HBO/Cinemax is returned, and a formal apology for the lies and hatred communicated by your customer service people immediately!
4 Replies

Re: Give me channels and decent customer service!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You waived your right to sue. You also have no contractual agreement to any specific channel and your contract says any channel may be removed at any time with no expectation to compensation. Before threatening breach of contract, I would recommend reading the contract.

The facts are they are still negotiating, and there is no timeline. If you were to cancel prior to the expiration of the commitment, the etf would be valid. You can find the contract at mydish.com/legal.

LadenaBough
Character Actor

Your should learn the law - you cannot sign away your rights to sue before something happens.  This lack of communication regarding the negotiations, failure to update the dish promise page, and the rudeness and conflicting responses from each and every customer service representative when I call are all grounds for termination WITHOUT early termination fees.

It comes down to the fact that unless DISH provides adequate updates as to the status of negotiations, the customers are the ones suffering.  Not everyone (including me) has adequate internet for paying for a fire stick or watching HBO online.  I would LOVE to see AT&T sued for the illegal monopoly they have created in this industry and see it broken up the same as their telephone monopoly was destroyed, but given the state of the court systems it should be filed and adjudicated AFTER you get the services returned to your customers.

I spent 30+ years in the field of law.  I know my rights and your particular response is totally inadequate and full of misdirection in an attempt to keep your customers hostage!  I don't care about your inability to get enough customers to address their issues of guaranteed viewers, and I don't care about your desire to hold my household hostage while your negotiations have stalled.  All I care about is obtaining the services that I adequately and quite vocally indicated were mandatory for me to switch service providers and those demands included ALL movie channels, i.e. HBO/Cinemax, Showtime, Stars, Epix, etc.  Consequently, this situation needs to end or I will follow the course of action outlined in my initial posting.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Somebody should tell the Supreme Court to learn the law then, as they have upheld that waiving of the rights to sue in lieu of individual arbitration twice in the last 10 years... specifically for tv services too.

Irishawk31
Visual Engineer
Everyone please contact the FCC and file a complaint with them. It makes Dish have to respond not only to you in writing but the FCC as well. Make them work for OUR money they are taking from us for a service they are NO LONGER PROVIDING. They are playing GOD and telling us what is best for us all the while continuing to line their pockets so they can complete a merger buy out of some other company now that is NOT FAKE NEWS that is real. They are using us the paying customer for their profit. All the while not providing us with what WE signed up for. Just simply file a complaint and please do it today. Also contact your state representatives to Congress.