Fox

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox

Hockey4
Extra
Have had Dish for 9 years and I have had to upgrade just so we could get Fox Sports Detroit. Now you have “issues” with someone and we have to pay for it by not being able to get our local Fox Channels and Fox Sports. How is this good customer service? Well it not it sucks! How much more do you think your customers are going to take before everyone leaves you for some other network? So to make your customers stay then STOP taking away our channels that your customers actually watch and take off the ones that nobody wants. Fix this soon or your going to loose a lot of customers! More than you already have!
Give us back our FOX SPORTS AND FOX CHANNELS!
15 Replies

Re: Fox

WingdadOK
Character Actor

I've had them forever! Rural curse in Texas. Here's My THoughts

I don't wnat excuses! Drop Fox Sports and I'm done with DishNOTwork. Holding customers hostage isn't going to work for me I pay you for it so work it out. You already make enough money off us and I'm really tired of it! Funny how the contracts always come up during playoffs, at the start of money season sports for all of you never during the boring sports seasons. MLB NCAAFB NFL. Both sides are deplorable. You both get what you want in the end and the consumer is always screwed. They have the programming so you already spent how much? Who cares? I odn't get dish when it rains already and you're not God! WORK IT OUT MORONS that's what your paid for not for incosiderate interuptions...

Pi@@ed in Texas!

JUguccini
Character Actor
Yep... Tired of this crap... Not even dropping bill like the channels dropping... Time to leave Dish!!!!!

JRPNDE
Character Actor

Dish and other satellite services are doing financial war with networks. The cost of my Dish service is already at my financial limit. In addition to some channels that have been dropped now the BIG one....FOX. I can receive OTA local Fox broadcasts but the cancellation of FS1 and FS2 is over the top. The events broadcasted on those channels can already be accessed by streaming media. I would like to stay a Dish customer after many years but this latest development is simply OVER THE TOP. Good luck to you Dish.

jstor1
Extra
I bought the sports package to get the Big Ten Network. Anyone else wondering where the refunds are or notice?

peggyrh
Casting Director
Dish didn't pull the channel, it's FOX network holding customers hostage, they want their stockholders to get more $$. It's happening to all providers, Direct has an ABC channel going down this weekend too if new agreement isn't reached. Frustrating that the TV industry won't stand behind consumers.

Phantastic
Extra

As far as I'm concerned, Dish is doing the right thing. That said.......If I were Dish I would shutdown ALL of the Fox stations including the news channels. If Dish turned off Trump's propaganda machine, Fox would respond much faster. These blackouts are getting really old, but instead of negotiating with ALL of the carriers at once, these networks always just go after one at a time so they have a better bargaining position. It's not the carrier's fault. This is all on Fox. We had DirecTV for over 20 years and the same thing happened with them from time to time. Dish's equipment, reliability, and features are far better than DirecTV. I'm happy to ride this out with them.

Wilder
Camera Crew

I'm going to post this in a lot of threads, perhaps it will help speed things up wtih getting FOX back:

I went and did an online chat to complain about the removal of the FOX networks, and I demanded compensation. They offered me a paltry one-time $8 reduction on my current statement. I took it, because I don't want to pay for channels I'm not receiving. However, if everyone on these threads could do the same, it would add up to something DISH may have to pay attention to and perhaps speed things up in getting the channels back. Please go on online chat or call customer service to demand compensation. Thanks!

jmjohn12
Extra

I'm done with FOX.  They not only take away Fox Sports Detroit, but now I can't get Big Ten Network, FS1, FS2 and BIG FOX!

All the channels that I need to watch my football are gone in one feld swoop!  I'm cancelling with time on my contract and I'm not going to pay and **bleep** cancellation fees!  They're not paying me anything back for all the channels I'm not gettng so I'm nopt payhing anything to them for their breach of contract!

DISH CAN STICK IT!!! 

bbexperience
Extra

@peggyrh wrote:
Dish didn't pull the channel, it's FOX network holding customers hostage, they want their stockholders to get more $$. It's happening to all providers, Direct has an ABC channel going down this weekend too if new agreement isn't reached. Frustrating that the TV industry won't stand behind consumers.

The problem is we don't actually know that to be true.  Dish will always point to the station owner and they, in turn, will always point to Dish.  You never really know who's to blame.

Dish is turning to garbage (in the last year I've lost HBO seemingly permanently, ABC for months, and now the Fox channels), but Direct is owned by AT&T, so good luck with that.  If I had access to any cable providers where I live I would switch to that in a heartbeat.  They've got a lot of us over a barrel and they know it.