Fox Sports Midwest

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox Sports Midwest

PepeLep
Visual Engineer

Dish, what's the progress on restoring our Fox Regional Sports channels? You already caused us to miss half of baseball season. Now we're working on hockey.

This is ridiculous. 

Get our channels back!!!

10 Replies

Re: Fox Sports Midwest

Dazed1
Costume Designer
Don’t seem like they are in any hurry. But, we are still paying for fsmw. There has been no update on dish promise since Nov 11. Pretty sad

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You’re receiving everything you’re paying for. Per your agreement.

Less and less people want the FS RSNs on Dish, with every passing day. Considering how many people just left Directv and that Dish was able to come out positive throughout this whole thing proves the point more. For those that want the channels, really it’s on you to find another provider at this point.

Dazed1
Costume Designer
Am not getting everything I am paying for. Was getting the programing for years. Not getting it now so therefore we are being ripped off chad

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Read your agreement. You’re getting everything you’re paying for. You agreed you do not pay on a per channel basis, and that any channel may be removed at anytime, with no expectation to compensation or substitution. That is what you voluntarily agreed to.

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

@PepeLep wrote:

Dish, what's the progress on restoring our Fox Regional Sports channels? You already caused us to miss half of baseball season. Now we're working on hockey.

This is ridiculous. 

Get our channels back!!!

I've heard that the regional sports will never return to Dish.  I missed the end of the baseball season and now I'm missing the Blues games.  To add to that, sometimes a Blues game is broadcast on another station at the same time but it is blacked out because of my location and I suppose it is being shown on FSMW if I had Spectrum or AT&T TV. 

I briefly tried AT&T TV during their 14-day free trial.  I found that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  Although I could watch FSMW through them, a classic station called MeTV was not available.  Our family watches that station more than I would watch FSMW, so I'm making the sacrafice and losing out on my regional sports. If AT&T TV ever starts carrying MeTV or if Spectrum decides to join the 21st century and gets RF remotes for their DVRs instead of IR I will be dropping Dish like a hot potato.

mattsoca
Extra

How many of those people are "captive" through agreements that penalize them for leaving?  The reality is that there are PLENTY of unhappy Dish customers just waiting for the opportunity to leave because Dish no longer provides them with the same content they used to have and enjoy.

Dish has saved over $150m this year by not carrying the RSN's.  How much have YOU gotten back?  Did your bill get reduced?  Any way you cut it, the customer is getting ripped off on this deal: they are getting less content and still paying full price.  And yes, Dish's one-sided agreements allow for it to happen - but that doesn't make for happy, long-term customers.

Unless something changes (and in a hurry), I plan on leaving the second I get an affordable opportunity to do so.  I've given them more than enough chances to get this deal done (something they claim they are pursuing).  The reality is quite clear that it's all lip-service to string people along and keep they paying for the content they no longer deliver.  Use the feedback at the never-updated dishpromise.com website - and you'll see that you don't even get a courtesy e-mail letting you know they've received your message.  Even the Dish website still gives you the dishonest impression that the regional sports channels are still available: https://my.dish.com/support/services/tv/sports/regional-channels

I refuse to be taken advantage of like this and will vote with my feet.  And if you don't think there are many others out there like me, just take a look at what gets the highest ratings week-in and week-out: it's sports.  Eventually, people will reach the end of their agreements and they will leave.  Just like I plan to.

Highlighted

Dazed1
Costume Designer
This is what dish has on their promise page
We fight hard and work around the clock to combat the rising costs of TV and bring you the TV you love.
I argue Dish is NOT working HARD to get the tv we love back.
Combating rising cost only by taking Chanel’s away and still charging for them.

willygibb
Character Actor

Same thing with me.  Renewed a multi-year subscription and no mention of dispute and outage.  It is dishonest and misleading.  FWIW - I have been sending emails to the following, customer retention, the CEO and the VP.  In order the email addresses are:  tunedintoyou@dish2.freshdesk.com, charlie.ergen@dishnetwork.com, kevin.covell@dishnetwork.com

I encourage everyone to write them repeatedly

Dazed1
Costume Designer
Thanks for posting the Email addresses. Going to email them now Curious, has anyone responded? Doubt it.