Fox Sport Southwest

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox Sport Southwest

Soonerfan
Extra

When will Fox Sport Southwest be returning to Dish channel line up?

12 Replies

Re: Fox Sport Southwest

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
When/If they come to agreement on a contract and terms. There is no timeline. Could be 5 minutes. Could be 5 years. Could be never.

PepeLep
Visual Engineer

Excellent question!! Dish owes us an answer, too. 

We haven't had an update in a long time.

This is horrible service. I hope it's resolved, soon.

DISH Employee

We hear you, and we understand your frustration. We know that missing your favorite channel is never fun and we are doing everything we can to work with the owner of Fox Regional Sports Networks in hopes of reaching a mutually beneficial agreement without negatively affecting our Dish family. For the most up-to-date information regarding our negotiations, please visit http://DISHpromise.com

GTAlumnus
Extra

It is the same blah blah blah i hear from Dish every time they drop channel (blaming the content provider).  Ok, so you can't make a deal.  I am paying a monthly charge that is supposed to include this channel and now I'm not getting it nor is Dish paying for that content anymore.  Yet they don't reduce the charges to reflec the downgrade in my package.    This should be against FCC rules.  Dish is very smug about, thinking they have something I cannot do without. 

Wrong!  Along with the other satellite provider there are many streaming services all of which managed to make a deal with Fox Sports.  In fact Dish is the only one that couldn't make a deal and it is because they want to pay nothing for content yet charge their customers more.  I have seen this over and over with Dish.  They run a very unethical ship,.

I already have an OTA and my plan is to either switch to the other satellite provider and take advance of their 2-year promotion, or I will just go ahead and upgrade my Hulu subscription to live streaming which has every channel I watch including the Fox sports channels.  All the Dallas Mavericks and Texas Rangers games are on FSSW and so are Texas high school football games, especially all the state championship games.  I WILL NOT miss these!

As soon as I am satisified with Hulu I am out of here and good riddance.  I can't believe people put up with their exhorbitant prices and their policy of removing content so that they don't have to pay for it while charging the same or even more.  I pay $160 and have no premium channels and rent no movies.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Exactly which FCC rule, or even area in their rules for general discovery, would that be against?

Prof27
Extra

I've been a Dish Network customer since the early 1990s, believe it or not. Through several houses and moves, we've stayed loyal to Dish. We've resisted the sustained and relentless campaign from AT&T (our internet provider) to switch to Direct TV, rejecting multiple promotions and discounts. We somehow weathered the loss of HBO (during the final season of Game of Thrones, no less) and remained customers. 

Everybody has a breaking point, however, and the loss of Fox Sports Southwest, which often broadcasts my college football team and almost always our local NBA team's games, is probably it for me. Seriously, Dish, you are a CONTENT PROVIDER. If you can't provide the content we want and PAY FOR, then what's the point of you?

Please spare me the boilerplate Dish response about how sorry you are for these inconveniences. It's more than inconvenient -- it's failure to provide the content we pay for. Let me ask you this: if you are willing to lose customers like me -- your MOST LOYAL CUSTOMERS -- how do you expect to remain in business?

Wilder
Camera Crew

I'm going to post this in a lot of threads, perhaps it will help speed things up wtih getting FOX back:

I went and did an online chat to complain about the removal of the FOX networks, and I demanded compensation. They offered me a paltry one-time $8 reduction on my current statement. I took it, because I don't want to pay for channels I'm not receiving. However, if everyone on these threads could do the same, it would add up to something DISH may have to pay attention to and perhaps speed things up in getting the channels back. Please go on online chat or call customer service to demand compensation. Thanks!

What gripes me the most is their CEO is paid over $5.3 million a year, and the other top execs are in the 1 plus to over 3 plus million, yet they cry about costs. They want to save money at our disadvantage so they can be paid more. Disgusting!

Highlighted

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
For a multi billion dollar company, those are actually small salaries in comparison. The reason they are paid that much is because they manage so much, it is compensation to match what they are doing. A channel owner demanding such high prices and being dropped plays no role in their compensation, as a bad business deal is a bad business deal regardless of what individuals are paid. Basically, decisions are made on customer purchase powers.