Fox News unavailable in my current package

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox News unavailable in my current package

SANDEE
Extra

why is CNN and HLN my only choice in my package.  I do not like their reporting it's biased.  If I want to add FOX IT'S $10 THAT seems to me descrimination .  If we have two  biased news choices in our package we should be ab le to have unbiased (our choice) and dr op those two

3 Replies

Re: Fox News unavailable in my current package

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Because the channel owners contractually obligate which package their channels go in. Stop looking at it politically, and start looking at it from a business sense. No discrimination. It is just another channel.

Just curious if you've actually seen the "contractual obligation"      Dish can offer a better time period or just sweeten 

the "Contractual obligation" so Fox will agree to the contract or maybe the Clinton News Network has a family member on the Dish board.  (=     It's completely political.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
There is nothing political about it. It is about making the most money. Since channel owners are paid per subscriber not per viewer. That means Fox wants to get the most subscriptions on ALL their channels, not just the popular ones. To do that, and barge a premium(which they do) they have the channels strategically laid out, and maximizes their value. Turner did the same thing, but with different arrangements. Nothing political, completely business. This goes for their apps as well.