Enough with the no HBO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enough with the no HBO

CSTreviso
Extra

How much longer is this going to continue? I just resigned with Dish, upgraded my system to boot. I’m paying for a premium television experience. Bring back HBO. My household is not happy they missed True Detective. Missing the final season of Game of Thrones is just not acceptable. We pay a provider to provide us access to this entertainment resource. Now negotiate a deal and bring back the channels your customers love.

5 Replies

Re: Enough with the no HBO

tommyy2
Cinematographer

Read some of the posts on this subject here you will learn:

ATT is not just asking for a price increase they are demanding Dish pay for a minimum number of HBO subscribers which is more than Dish has.  ATT is using HBO as a wedge to pry Dish subscribers to their Direct TV.

Given ATT's position negotiation is a waste of time unless they back off the minimum subscriber demand.

If you realy need HBO you can stream it from them, go to Direct TV or as some people do just download HBO content using torrents which just like j walking is also against the law.

Bozopolis
Extra

I think both AT&T and DISH are both being dishonest about this situation. This could and should have been resolved long ago. I don't think it's fair that I'm stuck with DISH for another 2 years if this is an example of how they operate. Yes, AT&T is Satan but DISH isn't a lot better and needs to fix this soon. I'm not happy with the alternatives to get HBO content. No one is winning with this scenario. This is as bad as the current Government shutdown. Petty and unnecessary!

tommyy2
Cinematographer

ATT wamts to charge Dish HBO fees for Dish subscribers who do not receive HBO.

This is an attempt to force Dish to increase rates for customers who do not get HBO and thereby lose customers to ATT's Direct TV.

So far this has been a non negotiable position on ATT's part, they care not about revenue, they only care about taking Dish customers away.  I do not see how Dish can negotiate and end this unless ATT changes their position.

I do not get HBO, i don't feel it was worth what they used to charge.  If Dish capitulates to ATT and raises my rates so you can watch HBO I wll leave and as Dish is aware that there are many more who feel like I do.

This outage really is dispicable, however it is all on ATT and Dish cannot to anything to end it until ATT changes it's position so blaming both of them for it just does not make sense to me.

Remember in any negotiation if one of the parties does not want the problem solved the negotiation is doomed.  I'm sorry you are not happy with the alternatives to get HBO content but Dish can do nothing about that.

Highlighted

stormy5
Camera Crew

I have to pay for  ESPN and subsidize the people who watch it , even thought I never will. 

Only fair that Dish make ESPN a separate package and not make the rest of us pay for something we will never watch.

If they have not reached  a settlement by the end of February, I'm going back to my previous cable provider, who I hate by the way, but at least I did not have blackouts every few months due to negioations.  In 4 years, I've lost access to channels 5 different times due to negioations.   This HBO blackout has gone on far too long.   I've missed shows I enjoy because of this petty blackout.   I'm paying for a service to be able to watch the channels I want to view,  I am not able to do that because of this blackout.

DISH Employee

We apologize you have been impacted by HBO's decision to remove their programming from our lineup. We are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement for the restoration of their channels. For more information visit DISHPromise.com.