Dropping channel coverage as a negotiating strategy.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropping channel coverage as a negotiating strategy.

Jomalaney
Extra
One of the reasons we switched to Dish was that they had the channels we wanted. Now, they have fewer because of their negotiating strategy of using their customers as bait. We are avid football and Big10 fans and those channels that are gone, same with ABC and their programs.
Stop causing your customers a problem and negotiate in good faith.
3 Replies

Re: Dropping channel coverage as a negotiating strategy.

jcanavera
Costume Designer

It's just not Dish.  Right now here in the St. Louis area the CBS local affiliate is scrolling a message telling Direct and Charter Spectrum customers warning them that they may lose connecvity if contract negotiations are not successful and the ABC affiliate is scrolling a message warning Direct and U-Verse customers that they may lose the local ABC affiliate.  Quite honestly the broadcasters are making major moves in their pricing and the retransmitters like the satellite and cable providers are not being very receptive to raising rates to cover these increases.  

You can consider a different provider but understand this issue is going on with all the rebroadcast providers and is not just an issue that only affects Dish customers.  I'm lucky and just bought the Dish OTA module that plugs into my Hopper.  This allowed me to drop my local subscription and feed the Hopper with the local channels with an indoor antenna.  Won't help though on things like Fox Sports and other non OTA channels.

astewart
Costume Designer

I'm cross posting this on every thread I can fine. I'm as upset at at a service provider as I've ever been. I spoke with some dumbass named Ashley on Chat that kept giving me the price of an OTA adapter, me telling her I did not want to pay for it. I have a perfectly functioning OTA antenna for weather issues. I just can't DVR with it. Dish Network is about the most worthless service provider I've seen. Maybe I'm the dumbass. I've stuck it out with them for 20 years.

jcanavera
Costume Designer
The OTA adapter connects with your OTA antenna and your Hopper will use its DVR on those stations. Works great.