Don't block my Altitude Sports

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Don't block my Altitude Sports

jimol
Character Actor

It's a PITA, but today I am writing to the FCC, SEC, my members of congress, and heads of applicable oversight committees in Congress (which I'm researching now) to ask why, after many years of carrying Altitude Sports on Comcast, Dish, and DirecTV, we see all three networks refusing to negotiate a new contract with Altitude. The appearance of collusion - which is patently illegal - is undeniable.

Like others, I am a Dish customer ONLY because I watch local Nuggets games on Altitude. This gives me all the ammo I need with my wife to cut the cord. I have no motivation whatsoever to continue paying ever-increasing fees to Dish if I can't watch the only channel that matters to me.

rubicon5280
Character Actor
but here's the thing, I think many of you are looking at this from the wrong perspective. Dish is actually trying to maintain consistent pricing to their subscribers, but you have a company like altitude TV coming in and saying that they need to increase prices every year, and now they want to charge for a minimum viewership, which is ridiculous. why should someone like dish have to pay for save 10,000 viewers when only 4,000 people actually watch a broadcast. Just doesn't make sense. You have to think about it from this way, altitude TV is charging people $25 a month for their streaming services, they want similar profit margins from their subscriber services like DISH, Comcast, and DirecTV, it just doesn't work out that way. This is simply greed on the part of altitude TV. I just wish that dish and their online media folks would actually combat the "do not block my avs" slogan that is so misleading. altitude TV is who is actually saying the content can't be played, not the subscriber television services. They own the rights to the services, it's not until a contract is negotiated can the three subscriber services actually play their content.

The real issue to me, is that the NHL shouldn't let someone like altitude TV maintain all of the rights for viewership of their games, this is where the real issue lies, it's just a revenue generating thing for them.

suepafan
Character Actor

@rubicon5280 wrote:
but here's the thing, I think many of you are looking at this from the wrong perspective. Dish is actually trying to maintain consistent pricing to their subscribers, but you have a company like altitude TV coming in and saying that they need to increase prices every year, and now they want to charge for a minimum viewership, which is ridiculous. why should someone like dish have to pay for save 10,000 viewers when only 4,000 people actually watch a broadcast. Just doesn't make sense. You have to think about it from this way, altitude TV is charging people $25 a month for their streaming services, they want similar profit margins from their subscriber services like DISH, Comcast, and DirecTV, it just doesn't work out that way. This is simply greed on the part of altitude TV. I just wish that dish and their online media folks would actually combat the "do not block my avs" slogan that is so misleading. altitude TV is who is actually saying the content can't be played, not the subscriber television services. They own the rights to the services, it's not until a contract is negotiated can the three subscriber services actually play their content.

The real issue to me, is that the NHL shouldn't let someone like altitude TV maintain all of the rights for viewership of their games, this is where the real issue lies, it's just a revenue generating thing for them.

So you have inside information to prove Altitude is lying when they say Dish wanted them to renew a 5-year contract at 50% of what the previous 5 year contract was?? And they are lying when they say they do not have and cannot afford to provide streaming services for their content? And Altitude is lying when they say they are sending the broadcast streams to Dish, DirecTV and Comcast and THEY are choosing NOT to allow it/show it???

Where did you get the "$25 a month for streaming services"? Where do you see Altitude increasing prices every year?

Or do you actually work for Dish and are throwing all that out there to take the heat off them??? Oh, and Dish actually says online in their guide that "Altitude has blocked this channel"....so yeah, they are already saying it is totally the fault of Altitude...smdh

Mlester
Extra
Get deal done

dogman1955
Character Actor

Time to cut the cable if they do not settle this in the next few weeks i will spend my $115 a month elsewhere.

dogman1955
Character Actor

My contract is up and i will be ending a very long relationship with dish at the end of this month , i used to actually deliver freight for Dish which is why i switched from Direct TV years ago . Too bad Dish can live without $1,400 a year i spend on them , however i suspect cutting the cable will have a positive affect on me anyway.

DISH Employee

The largest cost DISH pays is to programmers who own the content you watch. We are committed to providing the best value by preventing that unreasonable burden being carried by customers like you. 

tgrycel
Character Actor
But as of 10/31, DirectTv has come to terms with Altitude. Time to switch back to DirectTv. I assume. I will not have to pay a cancellation fee seeing you are the ones who cancelled programming, correct?

DISH Employee

If you'd like to go over your contractual details, please send us a private message with your account number and security code. 

dogman1955
Character Actor

No need for that i can unplug and switch to Direct TV anytime i want as i have old dish equipment and my contract is old to match.