Don't block my Altitude Sports

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't block my Altitude Sports

mandmcorgis
Camera Crew

Don't block my Altitude Channel please. The only reason we switched to dish instead of going with companies like Netflix, Hulu, etc. is because we wanted to watch the sports that Altitude Broadcasts. I even pay more each month for more channels, just so we get the Altitude Channel. If DISH cannot come to an agreement with Altitude then I will not continue my dish service once the contract expires. We are in a blackout zone for the Colorado Avalanche, so the only way for us to watch the games is on Altitude. Dish needs to reconsider their agreement so they do not loose customers like us who pay more than we should have to in order to watch the teams we love.

38 Replies

Re: Don't block my Altitude Sports

avsfmily
Character Actor

That is the same reason I have the Dish packge I do. I wanted Altitude so I could watch the Colorado Avalanche. If I am not able to, I will either change my package ir change from Dish. So I hope they work this out.

baboltz
Character Actor

Please don't block Altitude. I only have a satilite hookup in the mountains and have no other way to watch the local Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalance, Colorado Mammoth, or Colorado Rapids.

JeremyL
Camera Crew

Altitude is one of my most watched channels during NHL and NBA seasons.  It's bad enough Dish lost the Fox Sports channels and doesn't carry NESN or MASN with the sports pack, but this will force me to find a new service.  

With that said, Altitude seems to be having this issue with Comcast and DirecTV as well, so perhaps it is Altitude who needs to wake up as well.  Meanwhile, the viewers suffer.

rubicon5280
Character Actor
Dish - Listen Up.

Look, I get that negotiations go two ways, and I get that you're probably a bit pissed that Altitude has gone out and started creating paid streaming services for people to watch their shows, and they likely increased premiums on all providers like Dish, Comcast, etc, and as usual Ergen probably pushed back and said no way, but something has to give here.  I often agree with what Ergen does, in an effort not to push these costs back onto consumers, but this is a local sports channel that we must have.

At this point, I can guarantee you I will not continue my contract if you block Altitude.  I don't care who's to blame, if it's Altitude than release a public statement saying so, and I will hammer them or never go to another Avs game, it's that easy.  But do not block this channel, it's one of the few things I look forward to on TV anymore.  Trust me, this will put me over the edge and I will drop services, likely even involve counsel if you try to charge me an early term fee.  You remove services I'm paying for, most small claims admins would say that's the same as a customer terminating a contract.  Contracts go both ways.

I did find this article and if this is true, then Dish, it's on you to publicly denounce the rate hike and embarrass kroenke sports, get on your social media folks to attack this. https://www.multichannel.com/news/altitude-tv-warns-it-may-be-dropped-by-comcast-dish-and-directv

Thanks I hope.

Conorado
Extra
I agree, and will absolutely be cancelling my subscription if altitude goes. Live Nuggets is literally the only reason I keep a cable TV package, and your (Dish) efforts to hardball them when they are already n struggling to keep local programming on sucks. If they go, I go.

suepafan
Character Actor

Very well stated!!! “This comes down to Altitude demanding payment on a guaranteed minimum number of customers,” said Dish senior vice president of programming Andy LeCuyer in a press release. “We’re no longer going to support the broken regional sports TV business model that seeks to have the majority of pay-TV customers pay for the few who watch.”   What a JOKE!! How many channels does DISH require me to "pay for", i.e. purchase a specifica package of channels when I DO NOT want or need 90% of them, just to get the few I do want to watch. What makes this negotiation with Altitude any different. Tell the truth, for heaven's sake - they are asking more than you want to pay or believe you can force all your customers to pay. What am I currently paying for all of the shopping channels that I will NEVER watch, all of the food/cooking channels, old movie/series channels, etc etc etc.

Seriously shopping for alternative sports viewing options as I cannot afford ticket prices to go to Nuggets and Avalanche games, no matter how much I want to watch.

Thanks for nothing, Dish!!!

Highlighted

dcg
Character Actor

If Dish does not carry Altitude Sports, I will not "carry" a dish subscription.  Plain and Simple!

tgrycel
Character Actor

I am paying too much already for Dish, and now that I can't even watch my Sports Team the Colorado Avalanche anymore makes me really question why have dish at all. 57 channels and nothing on by Bruce Springsteen sure is becoming true of Dish.

DISH Employee

Hello tgrycel. I completely understand where you're coming from, and I would definitely be pretty frustrated if a channel I enjoyed was taken down due to a dispute too.We continue to work with Altitude Sports to find a fair agreement for the return of their channels, which they removed. As Altitude Sports blocks DISH customers, they have also removed their channel from DIRECTV and Comcast.