Dish loses TBS Feed at end of Cubs game

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kendog52361
Character Actor
During the bottom of the 8th during Game 5 of the Cubs-Nationals, TBS froze, then has gone dark. It's not showing anything.
8 Replies

Re: TBS Gone Dark

richyque
Extra
Tbs and a bunch of other channels have gone dark. Tune in to the SD version as its still up.

Re: TBS Gone Dark

sixxdogg11
Character Actor
Is it all the HD channels that particular satellite?

NO Live TV

mamak59
Extra
I can access my DVR, and the guide, but the Live TV just went... blank about 1/2 hour ago. I was in the DVR page and was going "back" to Live TV when it went blank. I tried the side buttons to put it in TV mode or Satellite mode, nothing. So I opened up the Hopper box to reset the signal. NOTHING. How can I see shows from the DVR but I can't view Live TV? That is odd! Help?

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
What happened? Eight inning of the Cubs game last nigh the picture freezes and than goes black. Several other channels were not working as well. Very as the feed came back after the game was over.

Re: Dish loses TBS Feed at end of Cubs game

This was a known outage. The SD feed of the station was working.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Lost feed during NLDS Game 5 on TBS

shanerob675
Extra
Last night during the NLDS game 5 between the Cubs and the Nationals we lost our feed to TBS. The channel just went black. We checked other channels and they were working fine, so it was not our signal. I checked on twitter and there were many other people experiencing the issue and it was only Dish Network that lost the feed. It was during the review on the Anthony Rizzo tag play, a pivotal point in the game. Just do a search for Dish Network TBS on twitter and you will see the many people who had the same issue. We were having a party to watch the game and had to go to the local bar to finish watching it thanks to Dish. It was embarrassing and extremely frustrating. I spoke with a dish chat support and they said that they have made a note of the issue. I told him/her making a note is not enough, we feel like we should get a discount or some sort of compensation. They said there was nothing more they could do. Not happy with dish network, they really dropped the ball.

BruceC
Extra
I called Customer Service and waited 18 minutes with no response. I then waited and called back and waited 35 minutes with no response. Finally, after waiting about an hour I called back and spoke with Archie.

I told Archie I wanted to be reimbursed for missing out on such an important event and he said he could credit me 1 day free. I told him this was an important event and I expected more of a refund. He said "that is impossible".

Chadt41411
Casting Director
There really isn’t anything to credit. Minutes down, you would get a true dispersion of what you pay for that package on a day by day allotment. For 1 days use, you’d be looking at $0.01. That’s at the highest package. And for the whole day. That is what you pay... it’s actual value vs perceived value. You do not get paid out of perceived value.