cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish is losing

Drbasic2
Character Actor
This deal with HBO is unacceptable. I have contacted customer service talked to an inept person, asked for a supervisor who was no better. Was insulted to be offered a free crap ppv movie to make up for losing all the HBO/Cinamax channels like this was suppose to suffice. It is not like I just pay 14.99 for the free channels you can get with an OTA antenna... No I pay 175.00 monthly for everything they offer. The "free" HD net they are giving for free while this dispute goes on is something I already pay for within my subscription. They try to use the excuse they are trying to keep the price down so those on a budget can get to keep their service. Problem is I get what I get not because of money but entertainment purposes... I want the HBO and everything else in my package... Them not charging me is irrelevant... I signed a contract for a certain entertainment package they are not giving me... I said so replace my 9 missing channels with "adult Programing" (which I choose not to watch) I was told in a short answer by the supervisor NO we can't do that.. .. I feel dish has breached it's contract agreement with me, plus are supplying with horrible customer service, and all subscribers are being pawns to them... They talked me into switching from DIRECT by promising much better prices after the free it reduced period was over... That was a lie, I pay more now than I ever did with direct and get less... They lied then and are continuing to do so now as to their reasoning for blacking out channels as HBO and Max are still sending their signal.... Dish does not wish to accommodate me or any other customer... As a stock holder, I have instructed my financial advisor to drop dish and purchase another stock... Thanks for nothing
8 Replies

Re: Dish is losing

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Your contract covers this explicitly. No breach. In addition, it’s not to keep costs down for HBO subscribers. It is to keep it down for the non HBO subscribers, which make up more than 80% of the customer base. ATT is demanding a minimum subscriber guarantee which means customers that have no interest in those channels would have to pay for them.

Drbasic2
Character Actor

I disagree.
Then your =22supervisor=22 I spoke to lied...you make it sound like your=
the only one right and everyone else is ignorant...that's ok, your not t=
he only game in town and DISH will lose in the long run...as I stated you=
don't give A crap about your customers as you have oroven with your snid=
e reply...hope you go broke,and your stock crashes

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
To help clarify, I am not an employee of Dish. I am a customer like yourself.

dp55
Costume Designer

I hope this HBO issue gets resolved, but I applaud Dish for holding firm, I don't want to be billed for a channel package I have no use for. Dish is doing the right thing, plus there are other ways to get HBO until this is resolved, all on how you approach the situation.

codynm
Audio Engineer

This is the way Dish is handling all things now. The ONLY thing they care about is your monthly payment being on time. If you want to leave early, and pay the penalty on your contract, Fine, go.

I am still paying for a JOEY that does not work, never has, and after 2 tech visits, have been informed that it just how it is.

Now if I want to fix this, with a service plan (ha) it will cost $89.00 to have somebody come back out and tell me the same thing.

DISH Employee

It saddens me to hear that your Joey isn't working at peak performance, Codynm! We would hate to see you leave the Dish family due to this unfortunate situation and I would love to personally take a look at your account with you to see what we need to do to get this fixed for you as soon as possible. To access your account, please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code.

For step by step instructions on how to send a private message, just click here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Jodieg
Extra
How do I get hbo since you said there are other ways to get it while these companies fight?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
If you have internet, dsl and above, you can view using HBONow. Costs the same as what’s dish was charging for HBO.