Dish forcing BEIN Sport audio in Spanish instead of English

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish forcing BEIN Sport audio in Spanish instead of English

Rivertonpaul
Character Actor
Trying to record Spanish LaLiga soccer games from BeIN Sport has been so frustrating since the switch earlier this year involving programming. Dish no longer simply allows recording of LaLiga games, instead it has forced me to select specific teams (seems to be the same with English Premier League as well, but I'll put that aside). The problem specific to LaLiga (and EPL) is that I have been unable to figure out a way to record only English broadcasts. Although having to record games in Spanish and subsequently delete them, the problem is that Dish broadcasts BeIN Sport (and I am not referring to the separte BeIN Sport en español chanel) on both chanel 392 and 891. However Gamefinder usurps any effort to record a LaLiga game on 392 and records the game on 891. For me this has resulted in the audio being in Spanish. Rather than listen to the wonderful Ray Hudson in English, only the closed captioning is displayed in English.

Can this be resolved? LaLiga games on BeIN Sport are the main reason I subscribe to the Top 250 programming, but the terrible results of forcing games to be recorded by team through Gamefinder are ruining Dish for me by recording in Spanish despite being the English station.
Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Dish forcing BEIN Sport audio in Spanish instead of Engl

DISH Employee
Does this happen if you manually set the recording through the Guide or the Search option as well, or only if you set the recording through the GameFinder?

Rivertonpaul
Character Actor
It doesn't allow you to set a manual recording time. It seems to, but then it won't record. I'm ready to drop service.

Rivertonpaul
Character Actor
And Bein Sports was not able to do anything but say it is a Dish problem.

DISH Employee
I will definitely inform our Engineer Team of this issue so they can try to find a solution as soon as possible. Make sure you are turning your receiver off each night so that it can get any updates that the Engineer team sends out.

I would like to flag your account as the one affected by this issue. Will you send a Private Message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN?

Rivertonpaul
Character Actor
Despite calling technical support before the weekend, the same problem happened for the biggest game of the season on Saturday, el classico. The la Liiga game on BEIN Sports between Real Madrid and Barcelona was recorded on channel 871 (not 392) so the Spanish commentators were again recorded. I could do nothing to change this. Ridiculous. I have discovered that I have access to the games on Verizon's go90 where at least I can listen in English, so I won't be needing Dish.