Dish Subscribers Do NOT have access to ACCND!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Subscribers Do NOT have access to ACCND!!!!

JohnScalp
Camera Crew

Dish proudly proclaimed that they had added the ACCN linear channel to their lineup this past week.  All of their ACC customers sighed a breathe of relief as they would not have to change providers.  Little did we all know that Dish only bought half the package for ACCN.  The ACC must accept part of the blame for this as well.  They allowed providers to buy only the linear channel and not access to the digital content.  Dish has given us the tip of the iceberg but the main part of the iceberg is kept from us.  The digital content of ACCN is approximately 7/8ths of the total ACCN package.  it includes most of the non football and basketball games alhough some football and most basketball games will only available on the ACCN digital platform.  Prior to the ACCN network launch all these were available on ESPN3 so long as you had ESPN as part of your Dish package.  In effect Dish is taking away something we subscribers had all along prior to the launch of the ACCN channel.

What to do now?  After waithing for two weeks I am going to dump Dish and get Direct TV.  Direct TV did not buy half of the ACCN but all of it.  Their customers have access to ACCN digital content.  Same goes for Hulu, YouTube, etc.  Dish must want to get rid of part of their long time customer base I guess.

18 Replies

Re: Dish Subscribers Do NOT have access to ACCND!!!!

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
To cover a point of yours, Dish didn’t take anything away. Espn took away the streaming option with the launch of the ACC network. The streaming options for channels cost more, whenever a Chanel launches a streaming option. May want to contact ESPN why they took that away from you.

JohnScalp
Camera Crew

Not ESPNs fault at all.  They did the same thing with the SEC sports channel.  All of the SEC replays, Olympic sports, etc.  moved to SEC+ and Dish picked up the digital end of that with no problem.  Also the same holds true for the Longhorn channel, the one nobody wants or watches.  Personally I think the Longhorn Channel pays Dish to carry them.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
You said Dish took the streaming rights away. Quite literally, whether you blame ESPN or not, they took your streaming rights away when they moved them to ACC. Every channel you listed is owned by Disney.

JohnScalp
Camera Crew

Keep getting this message:

ACC Network and ACC Network Extra are currently unavailable within the ESPN App.  Our team is working diligently with your TV provider to enable access.  Please check back for updates, and in the meantime you can enjoy ACC Network on your TV.  Contact your TV provider for local channel listings.

Sounds like Dish only has a temporary agreement with the ACC Network.  Just a matter of time before they pull the ACC Network from their lineup.  Need to start looking at other providers.  Direct TV subscribers have access to ACC Network Extra as do YouTube and Hulu subscribers.

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

Whether there is any truth to my comments or not, I am passing along what an official at UVA told me about access to ACCN and ACCNX using your Dish account. I was told that ESPN advised that it is working on providing the digital platform on Dish. The target for that is Sept. 13. Whether that happens or not is a matter of conjecture. However, I am keeping my fingers crossed just as I did for dish to provide ACCN. But like many customers, I enjoyed my previous access to ACCN Extra before the launch of ACCN. I too went to watch some of the Olympic sports as well as other games not available on ACCN.

ACCFAN15
Camera Crew
Today is Sept 13, still no access to digital content

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

That is why I qualified my post by saying I didn’t know if it was true. Apparently, it was not. I have contacted the ACC and can’t get an answer to my question. Cintacting ESPN via email or phone is an absolute joke. Contacting Dish is a also a joke. No one seems to want to answer the question. Everybody in a position to answer the question is either brain dead or suffer from amnesia. And, as usual, the subscriber is the one caught in the middle. 

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

I sent a lengthy email to an ACC official about this situation and await a response. My position is the ACC hoped for greater exposure for its sports including Olympic sports. Most of the Olympic sports appear on ACCNX.

i inquired again of a high ranking UVA athletics department official after Sept. 13 passed as the target date for authentication of Streaming services. Tonight, I received this response attributable to ESPN:

“Dish is still behind on authentication which is impacting Accnx. I think we’re still looking at another week or so.”

That is the best info I have at this time. If that is correct, then it appears that Dish did agree to the entire package. The vigil continues.

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

I have received a response from a deputy commissioner with the ACC. I am pasting the response below:

I’ve checked in with ESPN (as they are the ones talking directly with Dish) about when the authentication issues will be resolved. To date, Dish has not been able to provide ESPN with an answer. Please be aware that this is indeed a Dish issue, so I would encourage you to continue to contact them in an effort to let them know your disappointment that they have not yet resolved.”

So it appears that the ball is in Dish’s court. That’s all I have heard. I dare not say that’s all I know because I know nothing. Why it is taking so long since Dish and ESPN reached an agreement Aug. 30 in time for the Clemson football game is not a question I can answer.