Dish Network now has Fox News Go and Fox Business Go support!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Network now has Fox News Go and Fox Business Go support!!

eman926
Camera Crew

I just noticed that this morning!!! Smiley Wink

15 Replies

Re: Dish Network now has Fox News Go and Fox Business Go support!!

DISH Employee

We hope you enjoy these exciting new features.

jburd
Camera Crew

Umm, after 20 years with DirecTV, I decided to change my service to Dish for a variety of reasons.  Now I find that I cannot access Fox News on any of my devices.  This includes Roku, iPhone, and MacBook.  Called Dish tech support, and they are pointing the finger at Fox News.  Submitted an online form to Fox News asking for assistance, and they haven't gotten back to me yet.  What's up here?  Who is at fault?

DISH Employee

Hello jburd, Fox News currently does not support your DISH login credentials. Content would have to be viewed through the DISH Anywhere app itself. I would be glad to forward your request for this feature.

jburd
Camera Crew

I know you only work there, but this was never shared with me when I started my account.  There can't be any serious explanation for this, other than someone in corporate thinks Fox News is deplorable, or they don't want to pay the costs.  You perhaps noticed I cancelled my DirecTV account after 20 years; I will certainly cancel my Dish account after two weeks.  Give me one simple explanation as to WHY it is not available.  

DISH Employee

We currently do not have a contract in place with Fox News to be supported through their app. I have put in a request to let our back office know you'd like to see this feature.

jburd
Camera Crew

From what I can determine, this issue was raised several months ago and is still unresolved.  Typical corporate buck passing.  I am on the phone now cancelling my account.  Give me a reason to stay, otherwise, I refuse to support companies that refuse to support me.  

DISH Employee

We would hate to lose you as a valued DISH customer so soon. I can take a look at your account and see what options we have available. Please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code.

jburd
Camera Crew

There are no other options available.  Issue is simple: I can watch other content using stand alone apps or a browser by logging in with my Dish credentials (e.g., Nickelodeon) on my iPhone, my MacBook, and my Roku device.  I can't watch Fox News Channel, nor can anyone else, because Dish Network has not arranged an agreement between them and Fox News Channel to provide streaming services.  Sure seems suspicious to me.  Either someone doesn't think I should be watching such disgusting content, or someone doesn't want to pay the costs associated with providing the content to their subscribers.  

carmath22
Character Actor

Same stuff from dish employees... Blah, blah, blah.  Its a fox problem.  Unfortunatly, there is no way to contact Fox.  It worked a week ago, and suddenly during the elections, it says, "unauthorized, contact your provider"  I spent an hour on the phone with tech support yesterday, and another hour online in chat with Dish this morning.  No one has a solution.  ... End of rant

I want someone at Dish to get ahold of the Fox programming people and find out why this isn't working and fix it.  If the service is no longer going to be offered, they I'm with JBurd, and it's time go back to Direct.