Dish Losing FOX also???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Losing FOX also???

DiamondGirl9983
Camera Crew

In calling Direct to start cancellation, they told me that Dish is going to lose FOX stations...if that is true, there's no reason for us whatever to change....info needed fast.

4 Replies

Re: Dish Losing FOX also???

TW
Character Actor

It's contract disputes.  Fox wants more money.  Dish doesn't want to pay.  That passes it on to you and me. It happens to ALL providers when contracts come up for renewal.  Been watching it for over 25 years- I had DirecTV for 9 years, happened there too.  It's random.  It will always happen.  They use us as pawns and blame each other.  I blame the networks, not the providers.

Rsames12
Camera Crew

i am a long time Dish subscriber but no Fox sports, HBO - I will cancel unless resolved pronto

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Depends on where you live. I believe I saw that it was 17 markets out of 216 markets that Fox owns which are affected. The rest of the 216 markets are fine.

DISH Employee

We’re disappointed to see FOX put our customers in the middle of its negotiations by choosing to remove their channels from DISH’s lineup. At it’s May investor day, FOX executives promoted their plan to increase retransmission revenue by 62 percent, to $2.6 billion by 2022. FOX is demanding a double-digit percentage rate increase for continued carriage of its local channels. FOX is also attempting to “force bundle” it’s local channels with unrelated cable networks to get more money, and gain negotiating leverage. Only 17 local FOX stations are part of these negotiations. For most customers, the local FOX station is not impacted. The cost to carry local channels, which are available free to customers over-the-air, are increasing beyond inflation with the largest cost DISH pays being the cost to programmers who own the content you enjoy. We are working to bring your channels back at a fair price.