Dish/Broadcasting Disputes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish/Broadcasting Disputes

Dolfncov
Extra
This is the second time w/in a year that programming has been interrupted due to your disputes with different broadcasters!
As just one, of I'm sure millions, PAYING consumers, I urge you to find a way to settle your disputes w/out interrupting the programming or offer your consumers a discount for services lost.
Last year the dispute was with Fox & it went on for MONTHS! This is not only ridiculous, but unfair to your consumers who PAY for the programming in the first place.

Return the programming to the consumers & settle your disputes w/out involving the consumers and telling them to contact our congressmen! This is a childish and petty means to get the public in an uproar over something that DISH has full control over & that congressmen won't be bothered with.
6 Replies

Re: Dish/Broadcasting Disputes

stile99
Cinematographer
Looks like my reply to you didn't save, came back to edit it with proof.

This is absolutely not in Dish's control. Hearst has a history of these bullying tactics.

[url:wpxqg85l]https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/DirecTV-Could-Lose-33-Stations-in-Latest-Retrans-Feud-138618[/url:wpxqg85l]

As you can see, they are singularly responsible for over half of the disputes this year so far.

[url:wpxqg85l]http://www.americantelevisionalliance.org/news/[/url:wpxqg85l]

hddn
Visual Engineer
Looking back at the Fox thread, it looks like it went off on Dec 20 and was back on by Jan 16th. Not quite "MONTHS".

Congress started this, so it makes sense that they could stop it.

www.morningconsult.com/opinions/retrans ... l-replace/

Then again, the content owners probably pay more lobbyists than you do so it could be awhile.

Dolfncov
Extra
Absolutely in DISH's control! They turned off the programming, they can turn it back on.

Dolfncov
Extra
Ok, I stand corrected. However, it DID happen 2 or3 years running.
Do we get a discount offered for absence of programming? I think we should.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
It is not in Dish control, the channel owner turned it off. As with other channel disputes (& there have been plenty over the years, it's nothing new) you don't get a refund as your agreement does not guarantee specific channels. I agree it's not right or fair, but it happens with every pay TV provider. Only option is OTA with an antenna if you have it available.

stile99
Cinematographer
Dolfncov wrote:
Absolutely in DISH's control! They turned off the programming, they can turn it back on.

Once again, Hearst, not Dish, turned off the programming and only Hearst, not Dish, can turn it back on.

You don't have to believe it, but that doesn't stop it from being true.