Disgruntled Cubs fan with Dish

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgruntled Cubs fan with Dish

bdud13
Character Actor

Hello...Cubs fan with Dish in Iowa.  Defintely frustrated that I no longer have the regional Fox Sports channels, but now I see that Dish probably won't carry the new Cubs Network in February.  The Cubs are the main reason I went with Dish and signed a contract.  

7 Replies

Re: Disgruntled Cubs fan with Dish

bdud13
Character Actor

Irishawk31
Visual Engineer
Everyone please contact the FCC and file a complaint with them. It makes Dish have to respond not only to you in writing but the FCC as well. Make them work for OUR money they are taking from us for a service they are NO LONGER PROVIDING. They are playing GOD and telling us what is best for us all the while continuing to line their pockets so they can complete a merger buy out of some other company now that is NOT FAKE NEWS that is real. They are using us the paying customer for their profit. All the while not providing us with what WE signed up for. Just simply file a complaint and please do it today. Also contact your state representatives to Congress.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Irish would be right if there wasn’t over a decade of information preceding this proving him wrong. But yes, file an fCc complaint about terms voluntarily agreed to.

Dpro40
Audio Engineer

@Irishawk31 wrote:
Everyone please contact the FCC and file a complaint with them. It makes Dish have to respond not only to you in writing but the FCC as well. Make them work for OUR money they are taking from us for a service they are NO LONGER PROVIDING. They are playing GOD and telling us what is best for us all the while continuing to line their pockets so they can complete a merger buy out of some other company now that is NOT FAKE NEWS that is real. They are using us the paying customer for their profit. All the while not providing us with what WE signed up for. Just simply file a complaint and please do it today. Also contact your state representatives to Congress.

Dish tipped to spend $6 billion on T-Mobile and Sprint assets, report says

Dish is reportedly nearing a $6 billion buy of Boost Mobile and wireless spectrum, which could push through the T-Mobile and Sprint merger.

Privided By CNET. 

This appears to be the more likely reason we are loosing channels. It happens in the insurance industry where the bank is built to make the purchase by cutting cost and expenses in handling claims. Less you pay out the more you can generate towards the business acquisition. I may be wrong but I may also be right.  

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Or the channels have priced themselves out for what their supply vs demand is. Literally happens to every single provider, including OTT services. The $5 B that is being spent, a good portion is coming out of the founder, Charlie Ergen pocket directly. That seems to be a missed point. They have never hesitated to tell a channel owner when their prices are too high and to try again.

Dpro40
Audio Engineer

Wow, really...sure...you and Charlie exchange financials. 

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
SEC, it is a wonderful thing.