Court TV?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Court TV?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The original CourtTV is TruTV. That is what it turned into.
The new CourtTV is an OTA subchannel. It’s available in about 40 markets and for free as a streaming app on ROKU. Do not expect it to be picked up by many if any, major providers that do not carry the sub channels.
Highlighted

caseyst
Character Actor

Chad, I see you're still refusing to read the link I gave you on Facebook and you're STILL refusing to read it.  Courttv.com has placed a link to help Dish (and other providers) customers find out how to request Court TV.  Kindly click here https://iwantmycourttv.com/  and read where the NEWLY LAUNCHED (not TRU-TV) Court TV tells you how to request that Dish Network carry it.  If it wasn't available for Dish to carry then why would Court TV put this page up telling you how to request it?

Everybody reading this - please go to https://iwantmycourttv.com/ and request it.    It is also available on a live stream at http://www.courttv.com.   Apps are available for Amazon's Fire TV (and Fire TV Stick) as well as Roku.  

Merrygirl
Character Actor

I have been a faithful customer since 1998.  Court TV was an excellent channel before it was replaced.  Now it’s back and Dish won’t even consider what your customers want.  Yes, it will be on OTA, but where I live I can’t get OTA which is why I pay YOU for my locals.  I pay $140/mo for a ton of channels that we don’t watch ie, music, religious, home shopping, etc that my family doesn’t watch.  I get it that these are channels that others want to see and we all need to share and play nicely.  My family was highly disappointed when MavTV was removed and then we lost HBO/Max yet Dish won’t add Court TV because it’s available on OTA and streaming which we can’t get.  The internet where I live at best gets 2mbps for streaming and there is no OTA where I live nestled in a valley with hills & trees.  If we can’t get channels we like then why in hell am I paying $140 for music, religion and home shopping channels?  No wonder AT&T is a big media giant.  They have MavTV, HBO/Max and will have Court TV. This is a no brainer.  I think I see the light.

DISH Employee

Hello Merrygirl. We appreciate the many customers we have and the feedback/suggestions you all provide. Making sure you are satisfied with services is our goal. I have submitted a channel request on your behalf and would love to go over all available options on the account as well. May you please send a Private Message for further assistance. To send a PM, please reference: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

PromiseR27
Character Actor
I have been looking to see if dish adds court TV. Apparently it isn't going to. We were already thinking of switching when MLB (twins) games are on regular cable channels with other providers yet we had to pay extra for the MLB package. DISH no longer has HBO, then the twins games costing extra and now this, that's pretty much 3 strikes (pun intended) its already annoying that we can't get on demand without internet (even tho I believe we are the last house on earth without internet and no one in my home wants to add it, it stinks you HAVE to have internet for it, when all other cable providers don't require it)
Seems dish doesn't really care if they keep customers

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
No major provider has added CourtTV, and likely won’t until after their contract with scripps comes for renewal. Depends on what you call a regular channel for the twins games... all tv providers require internet for on demand, cable just has the advantage that the tv and internet come from the same line, and so you don’t actually need an internet package. This is because they are not stored on the receiver and are ON DEMAND, downloaded at that time. Dish not having HBO, is actually not that big of a deal. Especially with nothing major coming to HBO, Dish made the right play not to charge the greater than 80% of customers that didn’t want HBO for the less than 20% that did want it.

PromiseR27
Character Actor
Idk about that, you say every provider requires internet for on demand. Xfinity doesn't. I had just cable television when I first moved to my last home and didn't have internet for 3 months yet I was able to get on demand. Also with the baseball games, my brother has xfinity and when the twins season began, I couldn't get the games and my brother could. I had to call and change our plan and now pay $13 a month more to watch them. I was dog sitting for my brother last week and the twins games were on FSN (which I have at home but poker or some other show is on our FSN channel) so you are not correct when you say all cable providers are the same.
I moved here and they already had dish and are on a contract but trust me when I say as soon as his contract is up, we will be switching.
I do however agree with you on the HBO. The fact we no longer have that is not dish's fault it is greedy HBO's fault Smiley Happy have a nice day